Methode Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: MEI) is an international engineering company headquartered in Chicago, IL, with over 6,500 employees worldwide. Since being established in 1946 as a single-product manufacturer, Methode has since expanded its business into industrial design, manufacturing & distribution and professional services. Our company's vision is to utilize our technical capabilities to deliver unique, turnkey solutions that provide genuine value for our customers and its shareholders. As a global developer of custom engineered, application specific products and solutions, we are able to bring our innovative technologies closer to the customers and markets we serve. Methode's business is managed on a segment basis, with those segments being, Automotive, Medical, Industrial and Interface. The Company has components in the primary end markets of the automotive, Big Data, white goods, aerospace & defense, consumer electronics and healthcare industries. For additional information please visit https://www.methode.com/.
Methode Electronics Malta Ltd is specializing in lighting. The selected candidates will provide front end sales and application technical support to the customer especially during RFQ's and fellow engineers executing the projects, in order to grow the Automotive Lighting business in Europe. The Applications Engineer will be part of a team developing best in class lighting solutions. The applications engineer will assist sales and product development in developing customer specific lighting solutions especially LED driven products. The ideal candidate will be highly self-driven with a broad experience of technical lighting encompassing but not limited to lighting controls, solid state lighting technology and drivers, rules and regulations especially for the transportation industry and lighting systems engineering. International travel will be required to especially for direct supplier-customer interaction.
- Application of lighting solutions especially for automotive and industrial transport use.
- Assist customer in finding solutions for requirements and issues in line with company strategy.
- End to end support for defining requirements and developing lighting proposals.
- Complete lighting simulations for lenses, reflectors and lighting geometry when necessary.
- Organize, compile and maintain technical specifications and complete analysis required by end customers.
- Assist with the development of tools to support lighting products.
- Ensure that proposed and quoted solutions are compliant to all legal requirements
- Complete BOM's and assist quoting function during the RFQ process
- Contribute with application expertise to lighting product internal development.
- Assist translating voice of customer research to identify new opportunities, define specifications, and create globally best in class products.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferably with specialization in optics.
- At least 5 years of proven hands on experience within a design facility specializing in optics, preferably for automotive and/or industrial equipment applications
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years application engineering experience
- Good knowledge of optical simulation tools
- Knowledge of tool manufacturing techniques for optical elements will be considered an asset.
- Must speak English, knowledge of a second language such as German and/or French will be advantageous.
Interested candidates should send a detailed cv by Friday 13th November 2020.
Informace o pozici
- Methode Electronics UK Ltd.
- Birkirkara, Malta
- Požadované vzdělání: Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Zařazeno: IS/IT: Konzultace, analýzy a projektové řízení, IS/IT: Správa systémů a HW, IS/IT: Vývoj aplikací a systémů, Programátor, Správce aplikačního SW
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel