Octopus Newsroom is a successful, well established, innovative Czech software company with an open-minded and informal work culture. We are developing, selling and supporting a popular software solution for television and radio newsrooms. Our customers are broadcasters around the world including the likes of Vice Media in New York, Czech Television and Nova TV in Prague, Riot Games in Los Angeles, Welt in Berlin, MediaCorp in Singapore, RBC-TV in Moscow, RTL Croatia and another 300+ broadcasters in more than 60 countries.
Our software controls over 300 newsrooms all around the world and knows a lot of stuff - from helping the editors and journalists plan the show and posts on social media, plan the resources and broadcast the main news shows. We have been building the software for more than 20 years in Prague.
We are currently looking Java developer to strengthen our team, develop our product further, improve the functionalities and help us take it to the next level. We are looking for developers who would appreciate a stable, long-term position with a lot of benefits and flexibility that our company can offer you.
The position is ideal for developers who are looking for a long term stable project as opposed to doing different projects every few months.
Why you should apply?
The role offers you a unique opportunity to put your own stamp on a successful product used by thousands of users on a daily basis in every corner of the world.
About your new role:
- Participate in technical design, development and implementation
- Perform coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, testing, code reviewing and other related activities
- Potentially you may also be involved in discussions with other departments (sales, marketing, training team etc.) to come up with the next big idea what our users will appreciate in the product
To do that your Essential Skills and Experience should be:
- Experience with Java (JSE) + Swing API
- Knowledge of working with databases (SQL)
- Motivation to learn new technologies
- Willingness to explore an existing code and help to develop it further
Considered a plus:
- Subversion, Git
- Experience with leading a team is a plus
- Knowledge of REST/Json API’s
- Desire to stay with the company long term
What we offer:
Besides a laid-back, fun group of people and a very informal atmosphere you will also enjoy:
- Flexible working hours, including possibilities of working from home
- Office villa with garden and summer house in Prague 6
- Competitive salary
- Up to 14 salaries and other performance based bonuses
- Meal vouchers
- Sick leave
- Opportunities to travel to some major trade shows (Amsterdam, Las Vegas, etc.)
- Annual training budget
- Other random advantages, such as ski trips or other company events
Informace o pozici
- OCTOPUS Newsroom s.r.o.
- Nad tratí 297/6, Praha – Vokovice
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: Czech (Basic), English (Basic)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Java developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
- Employer type: Employer