GoodData® provides groundbreaking BI for data monetization to enterprises, independent software vendors, and system integrators who seek to quickly create and distribute valuable information to large networks of customers and partners.
Our real-time analytics distribution platform is highly scalable and secure - allowing companies like Zendesk and many others to deploy engaging data products that are guided by GoodData’s expertise in delivering widely-adopted analytics solutions.
Sr. SW Engineer (Operations)
In GoodData, we are expanding our team dedicated to the back-end of our unique analytical platform, designed for creating analytical data products for our customers.
We are seeking an experienced operations engineer to join our Applications Back-end DevOps team. The successful candidate should be an enthusiastic professional who is deeply interested in cutting edge technologies and is able to learn new things quickly.
What will you do?
- Take care of the back-end part of our SaaS platform (infrastructure: applications, databases, messaging, etc.; deployed in virtual machines or Kubernetes).
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain configuration and tooling (includes Puppet recipes and Helm charts).
- Ensure integration with underlying cloud platform and with logging, monitoring and alerting systems.
- Meet high availability and performance goals according to our SLA.
- Hands-on experience as operations engineer.
- Good knowledge of Linux operating system administration, troubleshooting and fine-tuning.
- Good knowledge of shell scripting.
- Knowledge of containers (Docker, ...) and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP based computer networks and common internet protocols.
- Ability to manage and monitor SQL database servers.
- Advanced written and spoken English.
- No problem to participate in 24x7 paid on-call support (a week once in a month).
It is nice if you have
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet, Terraform).
- Experience with VCS (Git).
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (OpenStack).
- Experience with JVM.
- Experience with messaging systems (RabbitMQ).
- Experience with DB design and tuning.
- Experience with scrum/agile environment.
- 25 days of vacation + 6 sick days
- Flexible working hours + home office
- Informal working environment, relax zones, gym
- Meal vouchers
- Cafeteria program
- Semiannual bonus program
- Stock options program
- Referral bonus program
- Free beverages and snacks in the office
- GoodLife program: sport and cultural events
- Company events: hackathons, pub times, events for families e.g. Halloween, St. Nicholas Day etc.
- Dogs friendly office
- Free tickets to ZOO
- Company laptop: MacBook or Lenovo
- Employee mobile tariff
- In Karta 25 CZ Railways
Informace o pozici
- Moravské náměstí 1007/14, Brno – Veveří
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Advanced), English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Dog-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer