Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
Internal Lawyer- junior (Právník Junior)
The Junior Commercial Counsel will be responsible for providing legal commercial transactional support for the banking and retail business segments in Czech Republic, representing approximately $70 mio in revenue for the Company. The Commercial Counsel is responsible for drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements for the retail and banking business segments, as well as providing day-to-day commercial-related advice, legal expertise and counsel to those business segments in line with company goals, business segment priorities and best practices.
We are looking for candidate with 3 to 6 years of experience.
You are responsible for
· Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements to support our business segment activities, including master services agreements, statements of work, distribution agreements, subcontractor agreements, marketing agreements, consulting agreements, nondisclosure agreements, software licensing agreements and other commercial contracts and matters.
· Partnering with business teams across the organization to structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements.
· Identifying and explain commercial agreement terms and associated risks to the relevant business stakeholders and interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk assessment or exposure, including legal, regulatory and company policy compliance, and advise on same.
· Evaluating and updating existing contract templates and develop new templates as needed.
· Developing strategic relationships with Diebold Nixdorf’s internal business leaders and stakeholders to support transactions relating to the day-to-day operations of the company’s key customer accounts.
· Developing and supporting training for the Sales Organization regarding day-to-day legal questions, contract policies, and best practices. Providing support to Commercial Legal team with respect to training for lawyers/paralegals in the commercial contracting space.
· Resolving issues that arise in commercial relationships, including but not limited to handling pre-litigation disputes and inquiries.
· Participating in customer negotiation sessions, remotely (via audio or video conferences) or in-person (including travel, as needed)
· Coordinating and assist in developing policies, procedures and systems to support and facilitate efficient contract development and analysis.
· Assisting with developing best practice processes, playbooks, and automation across all contract lifecycles.
· Liaising with finance, legal, sales operations, and other business functions for review of contractual terms and conditions on specific areas of expertise.
· Monitoring the legal environment and trends concerning the contracts areas.
· Managing outside legal counsel with regard to contract matters.
· Ad-hoc non-contracts legal department matters as may come up from time to time.
• Undergraduate and JD required (or local equivalent).
• 3+ years of progressively responsible experience including experience reviewing, drafting, redlining and negotiating contracts.
• Banking or retail industry experience preferred.
• Proficient in written and spoken English;
• Knowledge of contract, commercial and general business laws and regulations.
• The ability to effectively prioritize and advance multiple deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
• Ability to gain trust at, and work with, all levels of organization.
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data.
• Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and project management skills with a strict attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and experience with SalesForce.com a plus.
• Must be comfortable utilizing audio and video conferencing tools for negotiations and hosting team meetings.
• Able to assert own ideas and persuade others through effectively consolidating, evaluating, and presenting relevant information.
• Strong focus on customer service.
Deep knowledge of intellectual property law and experience in closing of IP deals.
What will you receive?
Great team of colleagues
A fixed salary with an annual bonus – we like to reward those who work to the fullest.
Flexible working hours – we trust each other and we do things our way.
5 weeks of vacation – we love our work, but we do not live to work.
Mobile phone and notebook – we offer an unlimited tariff and 3GB of data.
And other small things that make our lives more pleasant:
English lessons – because we work globally in international teams.
MAKRO card, VIP Datart – to save on shopping.
Meal vouchers – a great selection of food close by is guaranteed.
Cafeteria bonus scheme – choose the benefit you like.
Public transport contribution – we contribute to your year-long fare.
Pension insurance contribution - We plan for the future.
Informace o pozici
- Diebold Nixdorf s.r.o.
- Siemensova 2717/4, Praha – Stodůlky
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Cafeteria, Work mostly from home
- Listed in: Legal services, Lawyer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer