The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging and inspiring environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in an highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
Senior Engineer - Power Electronics
Eaton Innovation Centre has an opening for a:
Senior Engineer - Power Electronics
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
About the research and the project:
- Eaton is looking for a Senior Power Electronics Engineer to develop innovative solutions for our power conversion and circuit protection products at the Eaton European Innovation Center in Prague (EEIC), Czech Republic.
- In this role you will be responsible for computer simulation, design and development, and further comprehensive testing of power electronics devices, with a focus on power switching and thermal behavior.
- A good blend of technical knowledge and business acumen is required to be successful in this position.
- The individual will be a member of the global Power Electronics (PE) Center of Excellence (CoE) team.
Responsibilities for this role are:
- Lead power electronics design and development activities and demonstrate start-finish ownership for the assigned project and task;
- Perform design, electrical and basic thermal simulation, development of power electronics, including analog and digital electronics, for power conversion and circuit protection;
- Create technical reports and presentations;
- Build prototypes, perform electrical, thermal and lifetime tests, analyze data to improve/optimize the design in terms of performance, size, cost, manufacturability, and reliability;
- Collaborate with and support mechanical, PCB layout, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the design.
We would like you to bring:
- BS in electrical engineering or equivalent;
- Experience in power electronics engineering work (including graduate level academic power electronics engineering work;
- Significant modeling, simulation and analysis experience using tools like Matlab/Simulink, SPICE, and/or PLECS;
- Proven hands-on experience with power electronics devices development and testing;
- Ability to learn new skills, knowledge, industry, or products.
What other skills would be evaluated but not essential:
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering or equivalent with focus on power electronics;
- Strong knowledge of power semiconductors, power electronics snubber networks and protection components (varistors, transient voltage suppressors), state-of-the-art cooling techniques;
- Experience with power electronics-related circuits, specifically advanced gate drivers, isolated current and voltage sensors, auxiliary power supplies;
- Understanding of PCB layout and EMC/EMI design practices, of voltage clearance/creepage requirements, insulation and interconnection techniques;
- Familiarity with control methods, experience with microcontrollers and digital signal processors.
What we can offer to you:
- Excellent working environment – friendly team and much more (yoga, table tennis on site)
- Learning & Development - we invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Unique career development in various industrial sectors, in EEIC and international Eaton locations
- Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Being close to other innovation projects in Eaton
Informace o pozici
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Education allowance, Sick days, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Technology and development, Research and development, Research worker, researcher, Development team specialist, Development engineer, Research and development worker
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer