We are Exponea, an internationally renowned e-commerce cloud – a tool for in-depth analysis and marketing automation for online businesses. We work with global e-commerce leaders and top companies from all over the globe.
We are currently expanding our Data Pipeline team and are looking for a new colleague as Data pipeline engineer. Could you be one of them?
About your role and the team:
As a Software Engineer (Python/Go), you will be working on code that allows the Exponea application to reliably ingest large amounts of data as quickly as possible. Your primary focus will be to keep the pipeline stable, to ensure it can be easily scaled out on demand and to provide just enough visibility to all processing stages.
The Data Pipeline team is a group of 4 enthusiasts with a strong sense of teamwork and humour. We keep the pipeline up and running and in good shape day and night. Your daily routine may include:
- Maintaining and rewriting components of our pipeline to be more robust and scalable
- Monitoring and increasing the pipeline throughput
- Introducing Quality of Service guarantees
- Every third week 24/7 on duty service
What you might like about this role:
- possibility to work from Bratislava, Brno or remotely (after the Coronavirus crisis is over, we expect you to regularly catch up with your colleagues at the office – preferably once in 2 two weeks or upon agreement)
Current Data Pipeline Projects and challenges:
- Rewrite components of our pipeline to be more robust and scalable
- Decompose existing monolithic app into set of microservices
- Introduce Quality of Service guarantees
- Increase throughput of data imports and exports
- Improve monitoring and visibility of our systems
Our tech stack:
- Python, Go
- Apache Kafka
- MongoDB, Redis, Postgres, Elasticsearch
What we expect of the candidate:
We’re looking for someone who:
- Ability to write clean and concise code in Python and eagerness to learn more (medior / senior experience)
- Experience with developing complex distributed software systems with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Solid grasp on good software engineering practices such as code reviews, deep focus on quality and documentation
- Ability and willingness to deep dive into and comprehend large codebases
- Ability and willingness to troubleshoot and debug technical issues inside a deep and complex technical stack
- Team spirit and blameless attitude
Nice to have
- Experience with Go or C++
- Experience with building and maintaining real-time complex data processing pipelines (e.g. using Kafka, NATS, PubSub)
More things you might like about Exponea:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Exponea we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. We are interested in results from day one. The freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility.
- Learning, personal development and professional growth.
- Entrepreneurship and leadership lessons. You will gather valuable know-how for your own business. Our CEO Peter Irikovský’s goal is to support our people in starting their own successful businesses. Easier done with the money and know-how you will have obtained here.
- Flexible working hours. Remote work and home office are possible.
- Reward based on your commitment and capabilities.
- An easy-to-access downtown office.
- Coaching sessions with our communication and talent development expert, Ivo Večeřa.
- Free lunches in Exponea Foodie Club restaurants.
- Friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who like what they do.
Informace o pozici
- Exponea s.r.o.
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Salary: 1 800 – 3 500 EUR / month
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer