Why Expedia Group?
We are eager and energetic. We love the journey as much as the destination, being part of the team but staying true to ourselves. Life at Expedia Group is an endless adventure, full of opportunity, new experiences, meaningful bonds, and rewarding relationships.
Get to know our Amazing Brands
Our purpose is to bring the world within reach. We are among the largest technology companies in the world, and our work is solely dedicated to one of the most socially and economically important activities on the planet – travel. Our travel brands represent the world's most comprehensive selection of travel offerings. From personal to business, last minute to expenses, we’ve got it. These options are backed by industry leading technology and a worldwide team of passionate employees whose focus is creating the best travel experience.
We're a team of talented and diverse people from all over the world. We love solving problems and creating ideas — we learn, grow and succeed this way.
Do you want to come on an adventure? Careers at the heart of Expedia Group
At Expedia Group, we never stand still. With famous brands from trivago to Hotels.com, and 20,000 smart, talented people, we're already known all over the world for revolutionizing travel through the power of technology
Expedia Offices Prague:
• 750+ employees
• 27+ business languages
• 45+ nationalities
• Careers at Lodging (Hotel) Partner Services, Information Technology, Human Resources, Finance and Accounting, Creative / Content, Administration, Account Management and Others
• Location: Corso Court, Křižíkova 682/34a, CZ-186 00 Prague 8
Expedia Group and all its brands are proudly equal opportunity employers. All are welcome.
For more details: check lifeatexpedia.com and expedialpscareers.com
Area Manager CHAMP - German / Dutch speaking
The Area Manager is accountable for leading a team within the Centralized Hub for Account Management & Performance Team that is responsible for the account management (strategy implementation, and planning) of lodging products for an assigned geography.
As an Area Manager, you and your team will support delivery of revenue and/or account management goals, by contacting potential lodging partners and successfully transmitting the EG value proposition.
In doing so, you and your team will work with Expedia Group’s tools to help our lodging partners maximize their production potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace by smartly utilizing the power of Expedia Group’s unique data insights, marketing, distribution and revenue management toolset.
What will you do:
- Overall accountability for a Region within the Centralized Hub for Account Management & Performance Team including Partner Experience Associates and Managers.
- Responsible for continuously improving team productivity & effectiveness through coaching interactions, including against the Gold Standard best practice.
- Developing skills & strengthening capabilities of team members, including Partner Experience Managers.
- Effectively drive team performance, handle working relationships, team’s productivity, employee engagement and morale, building a culture aligned with the EG Guiding Principles.
- Collaborate with in-market Account Management and other internal teams on strategic and business development initiatives and ongoing operational issues. These could include, for example, commercial items, like market insights and trends, revenue enhancement opportunities, aggregator strategies, etc.
- Will need to lead and support on transformational change
- Provide input to senior management in developing effective and scalable solutions to improve process efficiencies
- Represent Expedia in the local market, build Expedia’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Promote Expedia’s full suite of product offerings to lodging partners and educate them on the full use of our products and tools
- Lead the execution of overall business plans to meet or exceed key targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by leadership
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent, fluency in English + German / Dutch
- 5-8 years’ experience
- At least 80% of time coaching
- Demonstrated the ability to achieve and set goals
- Lead cross-functional teams successfully in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong project management skills, including multiple projects at a time, prioritize effectively, and to meet deadlines
- Execute market place initiatives with a strong eye on improving margin opportunity, obtaining lodging rates and availability information and driving long term relationships with our supply partners, especially our key accounts
- Ability to influence internal and external decision makers
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including fundamental pitching and articulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others
- Proficiency with Project Management and CRM tools (preferably Microsoft Project and Salesforce). Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Establish and adhere to priorities in a fast pace environment
Drive for Results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, compassion in relationship, great teammate
- Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to act and results-focused
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Integrates change processes with organizational business plan.
- Coaches team members in behaviours for personal effectiveness, results orientation.
- Authentic relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains productive and long-term partnerships based on mutual support through a reciprocal style
- Excellent analytical and vital thinking skills, including demonstrated general problem-solving skills and an intense curiosity to identify trends and ensuing business needs.
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, facts decision-making
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement significant action plans based on the data
- Ability to negotiate/influence with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to understand EG various brands offering in order to pitch partners
- Work with internal stakeholders to propose a compelling offer to our potential customers
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Proficiency in English and other required language skills
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
- Ability to influence direction of decisions even when holding a position contrary to the majority.
Build & Maintain Teams
- Use coaching as an effective management tool
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, always seeking to improve team and organizational performance
- Motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and potentially geographically fragmented team, effectively managing performance and mobilizing team and resources to achieve or exceed set goals
Informace o pozici
- Expedia Services CZ, s.r.o.
- Křižíkova 682/34a, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient), German (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contribution holiday, Discount on company products / services, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Corporate events
- Listed in: Tourism and accommodation
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Krizikova 34a, 186 00 Praha 8 – Karlín, Česká republika