We are looking for a Senior Packaging Engineer to join our team in Brno who will be responsible for designing packaging for our products.
Your responsibilities will also include designing packaging for new Resideo products, testing them, solving packaging damage issues, you will participate also redesigning existing packaging products and cost-saving projects.
- Design, test, document, and implement packaging for new product development on time and within budget.
- Redesign and reduce the cost of existing packaging materials and methods to meet established cost reduction goals.
- Investigate and solve packaging damage issues.
- Establish supplier relations and drive standardization and consolidation of packaging.
- Provide factory and customer support for existing packaging designs.
- Design packaging that supports environmental concerns.
- Create test plans and perform testing and evaluation of packaging design.
- Support continuous improvement to packaging processes and procedures.
- Own and lead packaging projects and drive to completion.
- Manage Supplier provided packaging designs.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- University degree in a related scientific field (Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.)
- 3-5 years of packaging experience in industrial and retail packaging. Trade and Consumer Electronics experience preferred
- Knowledge of ASTM D4169 or ISTA packaging distribution test requirements preferred
- Ability to read, mark-up and make changes to general engineering documentation
- Demonstrated experience in project management and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- University degree in Packaging Preferred
- Knowledge of standard packaging materials (corrugated, folding carton, cushioning materials), design execution, carton manufacturing and packaging protection required.
- CAD Software experience; ArtiosCAD design software is preferred.
- Knowledge of TOPS analysis is a plus
- Design for Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Friendly working environment
- flexible working hours
- Interesting projects using the latest technology
- Building your career with a global company
- Competitive salary with performance-based yearly increase
- an extra week of holidays
- meal vouchers, Flexi passes, additional pension insurance
Informace o pozici
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: Transport, logistics and supply, Publishing, press, and printing, Manufacturing and industry, Designer, Industrial Designer, Logistics specialist, Supply Chain Specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer