Veeam – provides trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 400,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards.
Data Engineer with Java
A team responsible for data warehouse set up and maintenance is looking for a Data Engineer. We are maintaining and developing a data warehouse that provides for the future infrastructure growth, ensures data quality, and enables seamless data transmission between all systems of Veeam enterprise infrastructure.
- Development and maintenance of a data warehouse solution;
- Database design, administration, troubleshooting, data migration, data validation;
- Writing scripts, stored procedures, functions, views;
- Prepare activity reports on database status and health, data models creation and maintenance;
- Work in a Team under supervision of a Technical Lead.
- Database design and administration, senior-level SQL proficiency;
- Experience with Java/Scala/Kotlin;
- Ability to design, build, and maintain the ETL pipeline and data warehouse;
- Data modeling and query performance improvement on PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, or similar platforms;
- Experience with database administration in Linux environment;
- Knowledge of GitLab, Docker, CI/CD process.
- Good written and oral English (B1 or higher);
- Experience in Agile and Scrum;
- Experience with Data Warehouse and BI;
- Experience with AWS and/or RDS is a an advantage;
- Experience with SalesForce, Vertica, Tableau is a big advantage.
- Excellent professional and career opportunities in the international team of talented and energetic people;
- Competitive salary and regular pay rises;
- Generous benefits package from the very first day of your employment including premium health insurance program for you and your children, additional payments for sick leave, English classes, meal tickets, MultiSport card, public transport pass, cell phone contract, and many others;
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy or formalism;
- Professional training and education, including courses and conferences, internal meetups, and unlimited access to the online library;
- Assistance arranging a work permit;
- Relocation package for non-Prague candidates: a one-time additional salary payment.
Information about position
- Veeam Software (Czech Republic) s.r.o.
- Argentinská 420/4, Praha – Holešovice
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Above-standard medical care, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Corporate events, Individual schedules of working hours, A longer unpaid leave, Self-organization of the job, Children-friendly office, Launch of a completely new project
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, IT Analyst, Programmer, Database specialist, Java developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
+420 226 255 206