Dentons Europe Services s.r.o. is part of the global law firm Dentons, whose lawyers provide worldwide advice. Our Europe Business Services team plays an important role in the success of Dentons in Europe.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Risk Analyst to join our growing regional team spread across three offices.
About the role
- Working as part of the team operating Dentons’ New Business Intake (“NBI”) system.
- Reviewing new client and matter requests submitted via the firm’s NBI system, raising queries as necessary and performing conflict searches and analysing results to identify conflicts in accordance with firm policy and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with partners, staff and other members of the Risk team to facilitate the prompt resolution of commercial and legal conflict issues identified from conflict searches.
- Preparing conflict waivers, letters of non-objection and other conflict-related documentation as well as establishing and maintaining information barriers as necessary.
- Ensuring anti-money laundering, sanctions and other risk checks have been carried out for new and existing clients in compliance with Firm policy and applicable regulatory requirements, and that relevant data is properly entered and maintained on the Firm’s systems.
- Assisting the practice in establishing engagement terms and advising on client imposed terms.
- Dealing with procedural queries raised by users of the NBI system.
- Providing ad-hoc advice and developing presentations to the practice and the wider Risk team on all aspects of NBI related policy and regulation including providing guidance on conflict management, anti-money laundering requirements, sanctions and engagement.
- Leading projects to continuously improve NBI policy and process.
- Drafting new and reviewing existing NBI policy and guidance.
- Providing support to the practice on general compliance matters such as share dealing, confidentiality obligations, outside interests, anti-bribery and corruption.
- Drafting new and reviewing existing compliance policy and guidance.
- Ensuring policy and guidance is up to date, in line with global requirements and adheres to relevant regulatory requirements.
- Advising the practice on ad-hoc regulatory and risk issues and application of policy.
- Managing matters in relation to the firm’s professional indemnity and general insurances.
- General support and advice to the Firm’s Head and Deputy Head of Risk and Risk Managers as and when required.
- A legal qualification.
- Relevant experience in practice and/or compliance at an international law firm, or other professional or financial services firm.
- Knowledge of the risk, ethical and regulatory environment in which law firms operate to include a thorough understanding of Bar rules and regulation relevant to legal practice, such as: conflict rules; European anti-money laundering laws; international sanctions regimes or data-protection regulation.
- A risk management qualification/experience of working with risk management software is advantage.
- Excellent analytic skills: Able to quickly identify and meticulously analyse complex issues to provide practical solutions.
- Able to provide clear and unambiguous instructions or advice; persuasively communicating the Risk position by telephone, in writing and in person.
- Able to effectively manage a diverse personal workload; organising and prioritising multiple tasks simultaneously and completing them to a high standard.
- Able to research and analyse divergent legal positions often under time pressure.
- Proven experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Remains calm and works well under pressure.
- Capable of building and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Proactive in taking ownership for the resolution of issues and able to work with minimal supervision at busy times.
What we can offer
- The background of an international law firm.
- Professional and friendly environment.
- Excellent financial rewards, possible salary increase after probationary period in line with the performance and experience, annual rewards, and interesting benefits (5 weeks holiday, sick days, MultiSport or MultiPass card).
- Professional and career growth.
Informace o pozici
- Dentons Europe CS LLP, organizační složka
- V celnici 1034/6, Praha – Nové Město
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Salary: 50 000 CZK / month
- Benefits: Bonuses, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Dog-friendly office
- Listed in: Legal services, Attorney
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer