IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 55 years IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC’s Insights businesses provide industry-focused advice for IT buyers in the Financial, Government, Health, Retail, Manufacturing and Energy verticals. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
Right now, we are looking for talented professionals from a wide range of backgrounds - people a lot like you. If you are ready to discover IDC, the premium global IT and telecommunications market research, advisory, and events firm, we invite you to check the available position and join our team.
Data Analyst - Python
IDC is seeking a Data Analyst who will be part of our Data Organization responsible for data gathering, cleaning, classification, and mining. The position will involve analyzing diverse data sets and conducting detailed analysis of validity and relationships of data from these sources, ultimately uncovering market trends and future impact of technology on business.
Data and analyses outcomes presentations will be part of the responsibility involving creation of reports and presentations for various roles, functions and levels of the organization. As a member of a collaborative team, the Data Analyst will help to launch new IDC products that assist technology vendors more effectively assess their markets, customers, and competitors.
- Develop advanced analytics, predictive models and machine learning algorithms and protocols
- Analyze business impact and market trends of diverse data set and their impact on the ICT market
- Drive the integration of new data sources into existing research process and proprietary systems
- Design and deliver reports that present the business narratives represented by the data
- Assists in preparing project requirements by analyzing user requirements and coordinating with other project teams
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or Information Management
- 1+ years of experience in data management, analysis or functions related to data analysis problems
- Demonstrated strong technical knowledge in various data models, data mining, database design development, and data classification tools like Python (Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, NLTK), Graph Database, Elastic Stack or Triple Stores
- Experience in knowledge engineering including Ontologies, Semantic Web, or Concept Networks
- Proven ability to work independently and ensure completion of tasks accurately and on time
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written
- Open to learn and test new data mining technologies
Informace o pozici
- IDC Central Europe, the Middle East & Africa
- Malé náměstí 459/11, Praha – Staré Město
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IT Analyst
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
+420 734 763 361