Blackboard helps shape the future of education by delivering technology and services solutions that transform the learning experience. We continually innovate to better enable educators, parents, and learners of all types to teach, learn, connect and communicate whenever they want and wherever they are. We partner with educational institutions globally in the higher education, K-12 and professional education markets to improve the education experience both inside and outside the classroom by facilitating access to information, enabling stronger student engagement and collaboration, enhancing communication, and supporting student safety, success and institutional effectiveness. Most importantly, we help every student achieve their full potential through access to lifelong learning.
UX Content Designer
We’re looking for a UX Content Designer to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
In this role you will work across all of Blackboard’s product lines, ranging from our ever-evolving LMS, Learn, to our student-friendly mobile app, and everything in between. You will have the unique opportunity to dive into and affect every facet of our product line, helping to make each more intuitive.
Our User Experience & Design (UXD) organization helps shape the future of Blackboard’s products and solutions. Made up of user experience and design leaders who work across both web and mobile platforms and take a hands-on role in a highly collaborative team environment, they champion best-in-class work throughout the Blackboard organization. Our team believes that user experiences are as much about behavior and emotion as they are about usability, utility and accessibility.
The Blackboard UXD team has a proven track record of delivering high quality products to our customer base. We are looking for a motivated, highly skilled, quality-minded, and detail-oriented individual to join our team.
The UX Content Designer develops and curates in-product and help content across various end user experience. This position will work alongside other UXD colleagues and Blackboard partners to deliver a cohesive user experience for Blackboard’s portfolio of products
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary based on your experience and portfolio.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Authoring text inside product user interfaces and ensuring text consistency as product design and development advances
- Collaborating with design, product management, and developers to ensure that in-product text supports a clear and useful user experience
- Writing and maintaining help content for Blackboard users
- Creating engaging multimedia or graphic content for Blackboard Help including videos, annotated screenshots, and animated GIFs
- Coordinating and prioritizing the organization and publication of content on Blackboard Help with software releases and user needs
- Adhering to quality presentation standards and visual and architectural consistency
- Preparing English content for localization for global audiences
- Assisting in website maintenance and organization
- Assisting with user research to evaluate the quality of the end user experience
- Representing Blackboard at client events in person and virtually as needed
- The ideal candidate will have a background in content creation, with demonstrated experience developing innovative content for multiple audiences.
- Candidates have demonstrated the ability to put themselves in the position of their users and create concise content to support anticipated needs, preferences, and learning styles.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to Communications or Computer Science
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience within a content related field
- Understanding of user experience design, content management systems, and web content strategy
- Excellent editorial, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- HTML, CSS, and image editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to express a point of view and exert influence
- Ability to: Consider both the big picture and the details
- Manage shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Creatively solve problems and troubleshoot
- Contextualize and organize content in a user-friendly way
- Excel independently and as part of a team
- Team player with excellent communication, cooperation, and presentation skills
- Passionate about honing current skill set and increasing it where necessary for personal growth and to support the team
- Highly organized and motivated with a desire to prove yourself within a company of talented individuals
- Ability to motivate colleagues
- High standards of accountability, decisions, schedules, and quality of work
- Previous experience in the education industry or with e-learning technologies
- Experience managing a website
- Experience creating content in Drupal-based web systems
- Experience with agile development methodologies
At least one writing sample is required upon applying for this position. The most effective samples demonstrate your ability to guide your reader and indicate an understanding of the audience you’re writing for.
- Blackboard has an office in the beautiful and vibrant city of Brno.
- Great office location in city center near Luzanky
- Accessible by public transportation as well as bike, with bike stands and showers in the office
- Cozy personal office spaces where you can shut your door to really focus or leave it open to interact with others
- Flexible work hours
- Great benefits including health & life insurance and English lessons
- Countless walkable places to eat
Informace o pozici
- Blackboard Czech s.r.o.
- Kotlářská 989/51a, Brno – Veveří
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Salary: 40 000 – 60 000 CZK / month
- Benefits: Contribution holiday, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Self-organization of the job
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: Application and system development, UX designer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
+420 605 250 586