Lékaři bez hranic / Doctors without borders / Médecins sans frontiers (MSF) is an independent, international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters.
Our teams provide medical care for millions of patients every year in many different types of projects in more than 70 countries around the world. In 1999 MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
The main goals of the Czech office include recruitment of new employees for missions abroad, fundraising and informing the public about our work.
Head of Fundraising
We are currently looking for a new colleague for the position Head of Fundraising (HFR)
Aim of the Position: The HFR is responsible for development and management of the fundraising strategy that secures and maximizes diversified private income stream in order to meet the pre-set standards, KPIs and financial needs and to ensure the independence of MSF’s global operations.
Position in team:
- Reporting directly to MSF CZ General Director
- Management of FR department (13 staff)
- Member of the management team of MSF CZ
Department: Fundraising department is responsible for raising over 5 million euro annually in funds. 100% of these funds come from private sector (individual donors and corporates).
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experience to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Areas of Responsibility:
- Developing multi-year fundraising strategies and annual plans
- Leading the process of analyzing and short-term/long-term forecasting revenue for MSF CZ, setting and reviewing investment and revenue targets
- Stewarding more than 80,000 current donors and inspiring new donors to contribute to MSF CZ with a focus on growth and regular giving
- Supervising and inspiring an innovative mass marketing program (direct mail, digital marketing, telemarketing, fundraising events and donor services, as well as individual fundraising)
- Coordinating the creation and implementation of all fundraising campaigns, activities according to the annual plan
- Ensuring that fundraising strategies, messages, and practices reflect MSF’s medical humanitarian ‘voice’, abide by ethical standards, follow MSF fundraising principles and respect our donors’ intent
- Implementing and ensuring regular analysis and reports of all fundraising activities
- Supporting, motivating, supervising and developing FR team via transparent and collaborative leadership approach
- Partnering with the Head of Communications to advance shared organizational goals, integrative workflows, digital approaches, brand communication and data analytics
- Participating in Management Team sessions/discussions in Prague office
- Participating in international MSF FR meetings and platforms, key international working groups and initiatives, collaborating on fundraising policies, practices and strategies and developing strong working relationships with counterparts in specific MSF entities
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Formal educational background in business management, economy, marketing or equivalent in experience
- At least 6 years of professional experience in fundraising or marketing/sales preferably in international setting
- At least 4 years of experience with people management (leading a team of at least 5 people)
- Experience in designing, managing and implementing marketing (acquisition, retention) or fundraising strategies
- Strong ability to demonstrate initiative, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong analytical skills; facility for spreadsheets, budgets and forecasting. Ability to control and manage a budget
- Creative and innovative approach while maintaining the health of organizational revenue
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Czech language is an advantage but not mandatory
- Genuine interest for the humanitarian field and commitment to MSF values
- Optimism and a sense of humor
- Flexible working hours
- Contract for 2 years (replacement for colleague on maternity leave)
- Competitive salary in the Czech NGO sector
- Stable and motivated team with a deep expertise in fundraising
- Work for a major, well-known international humanitarian organization
- Employee benefits in accordance with the internal policy of MSF: 5 weeks holiday, sick days, possibility of home office, language courses, professional and personal development, transport allowance.
- Modern, dog-friendly offices at Palmovka with great accessibility
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION:
Contract Type: 2 years employment contract, full time, maternity leave replacement
Preferred Start Date: 1.10.2020
Candidates with relevant qualifications who are interested to apply may submit a letter of motivation and CV (both in English).
We will reply within 2 weeks after closing the deadline for applications. Interviews will be held after the closing date.
Kindly note that only candidates who provide all the required documents will be contacted and considered for the selection process.
The deadline for application is the 3rd of July 2020.
Informace o pozici
- Lékaři bez hranic
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced) or Czech (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Sick days, Occasional work from home, 13th monthly salary, Opportunity to work up hours, The possibility of study leave
- Listed in: Marketing, Media, advertising, and PR, Marketing Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Zenklova 2245/29, 18000 Praha – Libeň, Česká republika