International Clinical Research Center
Pekařská 53, Brno, 656 91 Česká republika
The International Clinical Research Center (ICRC) of St. Anne's University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. As a top Central European research center with more than 300 researchers, new technologies and EU grant support, we focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. In both areas we partner with world-class research centers and universities.
The FNUSA-ICRC Stroke team is a young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary and international team, involved in multiple international research projects. We are now seeking a skilled candidate to join our institution within the IT group at FNUSA-ICRC. We are looking for a person interested in developing their IT soft and hard skills, willing to learn, and able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing competitive research environment. You will collaborate with our senior IT staff from Canada, as well as with teams from countries across the globe.
Join our team and take the next step in your career with us!
Starting date: July 2020 or negotiable Workload: 50 %
- Assist in the daily technical development of on-going national and international research projects, including e-learning platforms (the focus of the position) and clinical research.
- Prepare technical and instructional documentation, as required.
- Participate in the design and planning of new and existing software development projects.
- Participate in the planning of future upgrades and platform extensions.
- At least 1-3 years experience working in a software development role or combination of experience and education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field;
- Familiarity with Linux (Debian / Ubuntu) and ability to work with the command line for simple tasks;
- Strong interest in acquiring software development skills in a variety of software stacks;
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies;
- Willingness to work as part of an international team, both with supervision and independently;
- English language fluency – spoken and written English will be used on a daily basis.
- Experience developing for Joomla;
- Experience in multiple programming languages and software stacks;
- Experience in scripting, e.g. Bash, Lua;
- Experience working in a medical / research environment;
- Interest in stroke / medical imaging research;
- Interest in contributing to open source software;
- Knowledge of Czech.
What do we offer?
- Part-time (50 % FTE) position until the end of 2020, with the possibility of further extension;
- Pleasant and modern working environment, located in the center of Brno;
- The opportunity to participate in progressive stroke research in an international team with an excellent reputation;
- Involvement in international projects;
- Self-actualization and education in the field of research projects;
- Introductory training in cerebrovascular research and its projects;
- 5 weeks of vacation.
The candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter in English languageuntil 14 June. In addition, candidates are encouraged to include links to any relevant projects they have worked on, their public github projects, or samples of work that demonstrate relevant software development experience.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending your CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne's University Hospital, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 110/2019 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne's University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.
Informace o pozici
- Fakultní nemocnice u sv. Anny v Brně
- Pekařská 664/53, Brno – Staré Brno
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Discount on company products / services, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Holidays 5 weeks, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: Application and system development, Research and development, IT Analyst, SW architect, IT Consultant, Programmer, Development team specialist, PHP developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.
tel. 543 185 530