About Barclays in Prague
We want our Prague Technology Centre to become the number one technology employer in the Czech Republic by creating an environment where people can do interesting and challenging work whilst developing their careers and having fun.
Since 2008, our Technology Centre in Prague has grown to become a strategic location for development, testing, and application management, primarily servicing our Investment Banking division. Our Early Careers program aims to support and train technology graduates, equipping them to make ever-larger contributions to the work that shapes tomorrow for customers, clients, our businesses, and their career.
About the role
This is a full time job opportunity for fresh graduates who would be interested in joining a tech driven investment bank to work on various projects within Risk Finance and Treasury department. As a Developer, you’ll work as part of a highly talented team and have an opportunity to learn from experienced senior colleagues. If you want to create a new and better banking experience for clients, customers and colleagues and learn and grow while doing so, this is the place to start.
How you'll develop
From day one, our structured training will give you the knowledge you need when you need it. It starts with Induction day and meeting your manager and setting your objectives. There'll also be the chance to meet your peers, share ideas and participate in Graduate sessions (Finance, Technology). Continued learning is very important part of the role in order to support Graduates with improving their skills. After one year, you can choose to stay in your current role or explore another area so the rotation is also the option.
• Fluent in English
• Fresh graduate (Bachelor, Master, PhD as well – less than 2 years of experience)
• You need to be able to code in at least one language - e.g. Java, C++, C#, SQL, TypeScript
• We are also looking for technical testers who can both cover manual testing initially, but also have the technical skills to get involved with test automation
• Strong interest in technology
• Financial/investment banking knowledge not required, we’re happy to provide all the skills to be successful
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, please discuss this with us.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
If you’re passionate about technology and pushing the boundaries of what it can achieve, apply now.
Informace o pozici
- Barclays Execution Services Limited, odštěpný závod
- Na Pankráci 1683/127, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services, IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.