What is waiting for you
The British Embassy in Prague is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Trade Adviser for the Department for International Trade.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is responsible for promoting British trade and investment across the world. DIT Europe is led by Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner Europe, who oversees teams in 32 markets, helping UK-based businesses to export to Europe and encouraging the best European businesses to invest in the UK.
The jobholder will join the DIT Team in Prague to provide market research, market entry and promotional activities to small and medium-sized British companies interested in exporting to Czech Republic.
Working closely with a Senior Trade Adviser and the wider DIT team, the successful candidate will be expected to handle queries as well as proactively track export opportunities and continuously develop the network of local and UK-based contacts with a view of generating around 20 successful exporting projects per year.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Senior Trade Adviser with helping UK companies enter the Czech market;
- Supporting UK companies to find high value business opportunities and partners in the Czech Republic;
- Developing relations with local partners and UK companies already present in the Czech market;
- Conducting market research;
- Developing activities in the food, drink, and retail field, including events;
- Helping the wider DIT team in administrative and organisational work, data recording, regular contact with companies; events and contacts database management with a view to supporting the team`s prosperity and high value activities;
Most detailed export support work is a paid service, so you will have to administer the systems that commissions paid enquiry work and ensure that reports and completed on time.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- 1 year of commercial experience;
- Experience working with stakeholders and customers;
- Working cooperatively with others and building relation;
- Experience of working autonomously, as well as being part of an international team;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong IT computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office and Internet. Experience with databases preferred
- A college / university level degree;
- Fluency in English and Czech (both oral and written)
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
Please note, that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites however, our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Informace o pozici
- Velvyslanectví Spojeného království Velké Británie a Severního Irska
- Thunovská 180/14, Praha – Malá Strana
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Advanced)
- Listed in: Economics and Business Finance, Food industry, Sales
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Thunovská 14, 11800 Praha, Czech Republic