What is waiting for you
The British Embassy in Prague is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Senior Trade Adviser for the Department for International Trade.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is responsible for promoting British trade and investment across the world. DIT Europe is led by Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner (HMTC) who oversees teams in 32 markets, helping UK-based businesses to export to Europe and encouraging the best European businesses to invest in the UK.
The jobholder will join the DIT Team in Prague to provide market research, market entry and promotional activities to small and medium-sized British companies interested in exporting to Czech Republic. This is a client-facing business development position, covering a broad range of sectors, with a particular focus on food, drink, and retail. The role entails direct engagement with British and Czech companies, including meetings with senior decision makers.
Supported by two Trade Advisers whose work he/she will manage, the successful candidate will be expected to handle queries as well as proactively track export opportunities and continuously develop the network of local and UK-based contacts with a view of generating around 20 successful exporting projects per year.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Working with UK companies to help them enter the Czech market;
- Conducting market research and tracking export opportunities;
- Developing relations with local partners and UK companies already present in the Czech market;
- Visiting and hosting companies, and conducting meetings with high-level business development decision makers;
- Responding to enquiries from companies and export promoters in UK regions
- Developing activities in the food, drink, and retail field;
- Promoting Czech Republic to multipliers in the UK – trade associations, regional export promoters and companies themselves;
- Share best practices with other Trade Advisers in Europe network;
- Organise webinars, events, trade missions;
- Oversee the work of two Trade Advisers;
- Provide ad-hoc support to the wider DIT team in delivering projects across the prosperity and Global Britain agenda;
Most detailed export support work is a paid service, so you will have to administer the systems that commissions paid enquiry work and ensure that reports and completed on time. Which competences are an advantage
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- At least 2 years in a client-facing business development and/or key account management role
- Strategic commercial and economic awareness;
- Experience of working autonomously, as well as being part of an international team
- Experience of business development and exporting;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong IT computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office and Internet.
- A college / university level degree
- Fluency in English and Czech (both oral and written)
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
Please note, that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites however, our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Informace o pozici
- Velvyslanectví Spojeného království Velké Británie a Severního Irska
- Thunovská 180/14, Praha – Malá Strana
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Proficient)
- Listed in: Economics and Business Finance, Food industry, Sales
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Thunovská 14, 11800 Praha, Czech Republic