Location: Prague, with travel
Deadline for applications: COB Monday 13 April
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Greenpeace uses non-violent creative action to pave the way towards a greener, more peaceful world, and to confront the systems that threaten our environment.
At this critical time in our planet’s future, Greenpeace Czech Republic seeks to fill the position of Executive Director.
We are looking for a committed leader to join the Czech office and contribute to Greenpeace’s global impact. Working closely with the Board and staff, the Executive Director will provide strategic direction to enhance Greenpeace’s position as a catalyst for positive responses to global environmental threats. She/he also ensures that Greenpeace Czech Republic communicates effectively and that the organisation fundraises and uses finances effectively, meeting high standards of accountability, diversity and transparency.
We are seeking applications from outstanding, innovative people who have a profound understanding of the challenges faced by the Czech Republic and globally, as well as a track record of bringing about real-life change through their work. Specifically we are looking for an individual who:
- Can foster teamwork and engagement, and harness creative energy
- Is able to work under pressure, pay attention to detail
- Has demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills and can develop and maintain - effective multi layered relationships
- Has strong communication, public speaking and negotiation skills
- Has a positive, driven mindset, with a solutions-oriented attitude
- Acts with humility and integrity.
- Sympathy for Greenpeace’s values, including diversity, and the use of civil disobedience and nonviolent direct action
- At least 5 years experience in effectively leading and managing an organisation
- Global mindset, interest in global, EU and Czech political and environmental issues
- At least 3 years experience of preparing, presenting and monitoring budgets, as well as knowledge of individual donor fundraising
- Fluent spoken and written English and Czech
- Basic computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar.
- Experience of campaigning
- Understanding of the non-profit and NGO sector.
Greenpeace has a policy of ensuring diversity in the workplace, particularly within the leadership, so women and minorities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please email your cover letter (one page maximum) and CV by Monday 12 April 2020.
Please note that we will only reply to shortlisted candidates.
Informace o pozici
- GreenpeaceCouncil - Greenpeace Česká republika
- Prvního pluku 143/12, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Foreign business trips, Self-organization of the job, Dog-friendly office, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: Top management, Executive, Executive manager, executive director, Country Director / Manager, Governor
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Prvního pluku 12, 12/143, 18600 Praha 8, Česká republika
+420 734 204 688