About us: DXC Technology
We are a global IT services company that leads digital transformations for our clients by managing and modernizing mission-critical systems, integrating them with new digital solutions to produce better business outcomes. Our global reach and talent, innovation platforms, technology independence and extensive partner network enable 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries to thrive on change. We are a recognized leader in corporate responsibility.
Global enterprises are making the shift to digital technology to produce better business outcomes. Only DXC Technology has the ability to lead clients’ digital journeys by modernizing and integrating their mission-critical IT systems, preserving the value of existing investments and deploying digital solutions at scale. We are Digital Delivered.
You can check out our website: https://www.dxc.technology.
General Ledger Accountant
Summary of your tasks:
Assists in the and/or prepares, analyses, reviews, verifies and reconciles various records, financial reports and statements. Prepares standard and specialized financial reports (i.e., account reconciliations, balance sheets, income statements, pro formas, etc.) and performs moderately complex financial analyses to summarize current and projected company financial position.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare and posts journal entries for company accounts ensuring information is accurate and up to date.
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts to general ledger; research discrepancies and determines appropriate course of action.
- Develop spreadsheets for account analysis and journal entries in order to keep records organized and standardized.
- Participate in special projects such as accounting software updates in order to provide expertise.
- Educate internal clients on accounting principles when necessary.
- May conduct studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation to management.
- Assist in and/or installs, modifies, documents, and assist in coordinating implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Provide work guidance for less experienced personnel.
Are you the right person for this role?
Apply if you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Accounting or finance experience
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
Other Qualifications which would be nice if you have:
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Leadership skills to provide assistance to less experienced personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
As a reward to you (besides of your monthly salary, of course) we offer many benefits:
such as: 5 weeks of vacation | Meal vouchers | Multisport card | Cafeteria | Travel insurance Life insurance | Company laptop | Corporate phone etc.
… And what do we like the best about working here?
-Flexible working hours
-Home office Opportunities weekly
-Possibility of using overtime hours as extra vacation time
Personal development and career opportunities
-In-house trainer and online university where you can find books, tutorials, online training.
-Benefit points for education and 2 extra days of paid leave for training.
-Rotational Program: Gives you the chance to gain experience with another field by working in a different department (ex. Finance / HR)
Why joining DXC Prague?
DXC Technology is one of the most international companies in Prague.
We are located in the thriving and easily accessible area of Pankrac and we offer a brand-new and bright office where 800 professionals from 61 different nationalities are involved in fields of IT, Finance, Controlling, Accounting, Marketing, and Human Resources.
In DXC we know that our strength is our people - this is why you will always be welcome, you will find a home-like environment as well as experienced professionals ready to train you and invest in your personal growth.
DXC is committed to offering vertical and horizontal growth opportunities for top performers as well as in-house and external training from external certified partners.
Informace o pozici
- DXC Technology Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Education allowance, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Opportunity to work up hours, Self-organization of the job, Individual budget for personal growth
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services, Economics and Business Finance, Bookkeeper, accountant, Finance accountant
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer