FNZ is a global FinTech firm, transforming the way financial institutions serve their wealth management customers. It partners with banks, insurers and asset managers to help consumers better achieve their financial goals.
FNZ's technology, transaction and custody services enable their clients to provide best-in-class wealth management solutions to financial advisers, end-investors and the workplace that are efficient, flexible, transparent and scalable, supporting market, demographic and regulatory trends worldwide.
Today, FNZ is responsible for over £400 billion in assets under administration (AuA) held by around 7 million customers of some of the world’s largest financial institutions, including Standard Aberdeen, Barclays, Lloyds Banking Group, Vanguard, Generali, Quilter, Santander, Aviva, Zurich, UOB, UBS, Findex and BNZ.
In total, FNZ partners with over 60 financial institutions globally and employs over 2,000 in London, Edinburgh, Bristol, Basingstoke, Sydney, Melbourne, Wellington, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai and Brno.
SQL Database Administrator
In this integral technical position, you will form part of the FNZ Infrastructure team, report in to the Regional Head of Infrastructure, and you will focus on supporting and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server databases. The role has significant query optimization and database programming components as part of the custom FNZ platform development.
This position will form part of a team with a rotating schedule covering day, evening and weekend.
- Maintaining and supporting all FNZ platform databases; query optimization; building and supporting new platform instances.
- Availability: Ensuring that uptime SLA's are met every month; performing scheduled maintenance to minimise disruption; managing third party support contracts where required to provide support levels.
- Performance: Ensure that performance SLA's are met every month by monitoring system performance, capacity and growth; monitor and optimize queries in test and production environments; suggest and implement performance improvements and hardware refreshes.
- InformationSecurity: Ensure that the FNZ databases are internally and externally secure by following existing policies and procedures; implementing security projects; completing risk assessments and build guides for new and existing systems; managing database security and access controls.
- BusinessContinuity: Ensure that FNZ-held data is secure and backed up by ensuring that regular backups and made and are tested; participating in yearly BCP & DR tests; ensuring that any new build is in line with company requirements and departmental policy for resilience and availability.
- Training: Develop professional and technical knowledge and skills via networking, seminars and other forms of training to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements; work with developers to optimise queries and database design.
- ProjectWork: Build new platform database instances to a high level of quality, within budget and within deadline; provide regular updates to the Head of Infrastructure.
The Successful Candidate
- Database administration experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to 2012 (including administration, maintenance, programming, upgrades, installations).
- Performance troubleshooting in SQL Server and Windows environments.
- Backup and recovery methods including SQL Server and disk snapshot technologies.
- HA solutions including database mirroring, logshipping and failover clusters.
- Administering and maintaining security groups within Windows and SQL Server.
- Assisting internal teams with SQL Server environmental problems (performance, security, capacity issues etc).
- Providing consultancy and advice to internal teams with regard to configuration, capacity planning and performance.
- Work package management including organising resources and obtaining sign off from key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work as an individual, with excellent self-management and time management skills.
- Problem solving capabilities and the ability to multitask and re-prioritise work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in a dynamic, highly available mission critical production environment
Why Join the FNZ Journey?
- Be part of a highly successful, rapidly growing, global business that is leading the delivery of financial services via cloud computing and partners with some of the world’s largest companies
- Remuneration and career advancement is based on individual contribution and business impact rather than tenure or seniority;
- We provide significant financial rewards for high performing individuals
- We provide global career opportunities for our best employees at any of our offices in the UK, Czech Republic, Australia or New Zealand.
Informace o pozici
- FNZ (UK) Ltd - Czech Branch, odštěpný závod
- Rašínova 637/7, Brno – Brno-město
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employer type: Employer