Anglo-American University (AAU) is the oldest private university in the Czech Republic, offering BA and MA programs with both Czech and American accreditation in a uniquely international environment. Situated in the beautifully restored Thurn-Taxis palace in Prague’s historic Malá Strana district, AAU cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.
Financial Controller / Accountant
Tired of a strict corporate culture with never-ending working hours? Want to work with a cheerful and friendly team? Interested in experiencing diversity and working for an internationally accredited university? We are looking for YOU!
- Established in 1990, AAU has a status of a leading not-for-profit organization that is educating the next generation of global achievers from around the world
- Beautiful location: Thurn-Taxis palace at Malá Strana
- Students coming from more than 70 countries
- Small, interactive classes taught in English
- American WSCUC accreditation
- Inspiring environment
Your new position:
- Input of supplier’s invoices to the accounting system
- Processing of bank statements
- Processing of business trips – settlement, advances paid, per diem, etc.
- Management of cash register for employees – operating expenses
- Issuing invoices
- Assist in month – end closing and with other projects as needed
- Participation in controlling activities
- Preparation of regular financial internal reports and ad hoc analysis
- Related accounting / administrative agenda
- Close co-operation with colleagues in financial department
- Administrative support for Vice President for Finance & Operations
How can you succeed?
- Full time/Part-time (flexible working hours)
- Minimum 2-3 year of experience in accountant position
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from a respected institution
- Knowledge of local accounting principles, tax policies, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Computer skills
- English and Czech language on advanced level
- Team player, able to work with colleagues within the organization
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Well-organized and structured/systematic approach to work
What’s in it FOR YOU?
- A friendly team which always appreciates good work and new ideas
- Full-time position with flexible working hours and the possibility of combining work from the office as well as from home
- Adequate remuneration incl. benefits such as an extra week of holiday, 5 sick days, refreshments at work + meal vouchers, one-hour lunch break included in the work hours, possibility to work from home, possibility to study for free and other benefits
- Multicultural environment, view of the Prague Castle, Vojanovy sady park
Information about position
- Anglo-americká vysoká škola, z.ú.
- Letenská 120/5, Praha – Malá Strana
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Advanced)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Opportunity to work up hours, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: Economics and Business Finance, Finance accountant
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work, part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for parents on maternity and parental leave.