With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Database Administrator with French
Ready for the adventure of your career? Join Teradata Global Delivery Centre (GDC) in Prague, Czech Republic and start your career as a Database Administrator. The Managed Services department of the GDC in Prague is providing its services to the largest and most sophisticated data warehouse (DWH) projects across the EU as, for example, in Germany, France, Benelux, etc.
We are looking for database administrators to perform database and system administration, providing SQL optimization, performance tuning of systems and monitoring of daily ETL jobs.
As Teradata Database Administrator, you will:
- Perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of Database and OS Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting for customers
- Support and monitor ETL jobs
- Incident handling and troubleshooting.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Experience with databases and SQL (e.g.: Teradata, Oracle…)
- Linux/UNIX administration and shell scripting knowledge (at least basic)
- Willingness to relocate and work from Prague (Czech Republic)
- Readiness to work in shifts (no night shifts)
- Proficiency in English and French languages is a must
- EU Citizenship or CZ permanent residency.
Ideal candidates have these additional skills:
- Understanding of/interest in DWH architecture and ETL concepts
- Understanding of data archive/restore processes and policies
- Skills with monitoring, error handling and issue tracking.
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing 2 weeks of on-site training about Teradata architecture
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- Meal vouchers in the amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Multisport Card
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Life insurance
- Company’s contribution to the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years).
Informace o pozici
- Na strži 1702/65, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate) or French (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer