Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with field activities implemented worldwide (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social services programme in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. CCR is a member of the international network of the Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a number of international and local partners.
In addition to emergency response in case of natural and man-made disasters, the organization focuses mainly on four key thematic areas: 1) health care and social services; 2) sustainable livelihoods and small-scale entrepreneurship; 3) vocational education (youth and adults); 4) assistance to refugees and internally displaced people.
CCR builds on its 20 year-long expertise in managing social welfare programmes, including support to people with disabilities. The organization adheres to core humanitarian principles, including gender equality.
Head of Mission / Project Manager in Moldova
I. Information about the position
Name of position: Head of Mission / Project Manager in Moldova
Expected length of employment: at least 12 months with possibility of extension (long-term cooperation preferred)
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Chisinau, Moldova
Start date: 2nd of January, 2020
The Head of Mission / Project Manager will be responsible for direct management of one of CCR projects and for the overall country program development.
Specific responsibilities are listed below.
Direct project management
- Carry out overall management and coordination of the project (i.e. ensuring that the project results and objectives as per project documents are achieved within the given budget and time-plan);
- Plan activities and budget spending;
- Conduct regular onsite monitoring of projects activities;
- Conduct regular internal monitoring and evaluation of the project progress and outcomes (based on the project logframe) and proposes modification of the projects design when needed;
- Manage project team;
- Coordinate projects activities implemented by project partners and carry out their quality supervision;
- Carry out sub-deliveries´ management:
- Select external suppliers in line with CCR Procurement Manual
- Prepare respective contracts (in cooperation with a lawyer)
- Ensure that the quality of the goods / services delivered meet CCR requirements and the project needs
- Coordinate sub-contractors´ involvement in the project
- Perform following financial tasks:
- Monitor the project budget spending (including spending in the partners´ budget lines) using the financial monitoring table supplied by the HQ Financial Coordinator, and propose remedies in case of overspending or underspending in particular budget lines or in general
- Prepare budget forecast for current year
- Check eligibility of expenses incurred (whether they fit with the project design and real needs)
- Carry out reporting:
- Prepare internal reports on important project events, incidents etc. (in line with CCR manual)
- Update regularly HQ Desk officer on the project progress and problems
- Write narrative reports for donors
- Participate in preparation of financial reports for donors (providing clarification to Mission Accountant and HQ Financial Coordinator etc.)
- Ensure PR and visibility of the project, donors and CCR in line with the respective donors´ requirements;
- Identify problems that arise during the project implementation and prepare appropriate remedies;
- Ensure transparent and structured keeping of projects documents (internal reports, contracts, materials produced by the project, sources of indicators verification etc.) in line with given guidelines.
Strategic development of CCR country program
- Formulate and update the CCR country strategy;
- Develop the CCR country portfolio, including but not limited to securing new funding;
- Monitor socio-economic, political and security situation in the country leading to the identification of existing and emerging needs;
- Keep abreast of donors’ strategies, develop strategic partnerships with donors and present CCR country strategy and achievements;
- Provide leadership in formulating project proposals in line with the country context and CCR country strategy.
General management and coordination
- Carry out overall management of the mission in line with the CCR internal regulations;
- Ensure quality controls are in place in all CCR country projects;
- Coordinate with the country and HQ team to ensure the mission fulfills all in-country legal requirements;
- Participate in regular visits of field activities;
- Provide support to and oversight of local partnerships in line with technical and ethical regulations of CCR (including but not limited to regular meetings with partners);
- Provide regular update on the progress of the mission to the CCR HQ.
Human resources management
- Provide administrative oversight of human resource management in the country team;
- Support professional development of CCR country team;
- Ensure performance reviews are carried out by line-managers in the country team;
- Adopt and encourage a pro-active approach to addressing and resolving any HR-related issues in a transparent and positive approach;
- Plan and provide oversight of the recruitment of new mission level personnel, including permanent staff, volunteers and technical consultants.
- Regularly review the mission cash flow;
- Ensure procurement policies are followed at all times as per the CCR Procurement Manual.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings and update all relevant stakeholder on the CCR mission and country program;
- Update the Embassy of the Czech Republic about current and planned activities;
- Ensure visibility of CCR country program and mission.
- Proven experience in managing team;
- Experience of working in development and/or humanitarian setting in a leadership position;
- Track record of managing relations with a variety of donors;
- Experience in project proposal development;
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written);
- Strong leadership, analytical/critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Technical background in health care and / or social services;
- Experience of working in the post-Soviet region;
- Knowledge of Russian language.
IV. What we offer
- Gross monthly remuneration starting at CZK 61,000 (the monthly remuneration includes gross base salary, performance-related monthly and yearly bonus, per-diem and housing allowance), with potential future increase in case of significant results
- 25 days of paid leave, in addition to official public holidays
- Travel health insurance
- 2 return flights per year to home country
- Pre-deployment and on-site health, psychological and security support
- Access to training opportunities
- Career development in a value-driven professional organization, suitable especially for dynamic professionals
V. How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications. The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume. Please type “Head of Mission / Project Manager in Moldova" in Subject. The deadline for submission is November 30, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline.
Informace o pozici
- Charita Česká republika
- Požadované vzdělání: Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Požadované jazyky: Angličtina (Výborná)
- Benefity: Bonusy/prémie, Mobilní telefon, Notebook, Flexibilní začátek/konec pracovní doby, Stravenky/příspěvek na stravování, Dovolená 5 týdnů, Vzdělávací kurzy, školení, Příspěvek na sport/kulturu/volný čas, Zdravotní volno/sickdays, Možnost občasné práce z domova, Dog-friendly office
- Zařazeno: Administrativa, Vrcholový management
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka pracovního poměru
- Délka pracovního poměru: Na dobu určitou
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva, práce na živnostenský list/IČO
- Zadavatel: Nezisková organizace