Founded in 1995, Cimpress invests in and builds customer-focused, entrepreneurial, mass customization businesses for the long term. We’re passionate about empowering people to make an impression, serving over 17 million customers worldwide through individually meaningful, personalized physical products. Last year, Cimpress generated $2.8B in revenue by making customized print, signage, apparel, gifts, identity merchandise, packaging and other products accessible and affordable to everyone.
At Cimpress, we are problem solvers. We are storytellers. We are forward thinking. We are relationship builders. We are all part of a dynamic, global group of businesses and central teams that are changing the world through our vision of empowering people to make an impression. Our team members collaborate to solve complex problems, to build incredible businesses, and to constantly innovate and improve.
What you will do
You will focus primarily on Logistics, for example, on apps for setting up pickup times by carriers, tools for scanning orders at plants, management of shipping boxes and more.
In this role, we expect that you will:
- Design conceptual sketches and wireframes, to high-fidelity mockups, interaction guidelines and prototypes based on the project’s needs. Contribute to and collaborate on managing a design and interaction pattern library that keeps our product experiences cohesive and unified.
- Work with Product Owners and other stakeholders to design solutions by combining business requirements with research and various feedback channels including businesses and developers.
- Manage the end-to-end experience of your projects by collaborating closely with developers and stakeholders in an agile based environment.
- Leverage research and usability testing where possible, applying the learning gained to improve design solutions.
Also you would help us to improve our Component Library, as we transform it into an effective Design System.
You will have many opportunities to grow and learn new skills - from sketching & brainstorming ideas, prototyping to testing or using various research methods. We do a lot of things and you would have experienced designers at your disposal to guide you along the way that are always willing to help.
How design works at Cimpress
Cimpress is a global company with offices around the world - throughout the US, Europe and India. In those locations we have at least one designer and we are growing. Every designer takes care of a specific domain.
We collaborate with development teams (squads), Product Owners and other stakeholders on their requests or we propose ideas for possible improvements. We also have our UX projects or we help each other.
To prepare the best possible design we use various tools based on what we need to achieve, but we mostly use:
- Sketch for high-fidelity (detailed) UI designs (screens)
- Whimsical for wireframes and mockups
- InVision apps for prototyping, commenting and documenting
We often talk with people who use our applications. For that, we use various user research methods - from observing recorded sessions in Fullstory, data in Google Analytics to survey studies, card sorting, usability testing, interviews or visit plants to get better context.
As a UX team, we met regularly and have discussions about design, design updates, or to provide design feedback, etc. We love slack and use it to collaborate daily.
And what about your experience & qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3+ years of professional experience as a UX Designer.
- Past work that demonstrates your design experience and showcases examples related to the responsibilities shown.
- Ability to research and quickly understand new domains and business challenges.
- Data visualization experience a plus
- Experience with CSS and front-end frameworks (React, Vue) a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Work on unusual products - no e-commerce or simple websites.
- Experienced designers who will help you grow and from who you will learn a lot
- Chance to visit interesting conferences, to try many different tools, etc.
- Unlimited amount of soft drinks, free breakfast of refreshment during the week
- Ping-pong table, irregularly regular PC game sessions and more
Informace o pozici
- Cimpress Technology Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Karla Engliše 3201/6, Praha – Smíchov
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Corporate events, Flexible start/end of working hours, Occasional work from home, Self-organization of the job, Dedicated time for innovations, Foreign business trips, Education allowance, Educational courses, training, International conferences, Holidays 5 weeks, Above-standard medical care, Sick days, Cafeteria, Transport allowance, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Discount on company products / services, Notebook, Refreshments on workplace, Meal tickets / catering allowance
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: Application and system development, Marketing, Designer, Web designer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer