We are looking for the developer and maintainer for the test automation and contributor to work/process improvement with possibility to be involved in more areas including openQA framework development.
In order to be able to automate tests wherever possible, candidate needs to have a solid insight into how various components of Linux work. This skillset is also needed for the situations when automation is not the most effective solution and manual testing is seen as better option.
Location: Prague, CZ
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
• Are you interested in Linux and modern Open Source technologies?
• Would you like to get an insight into how Linux works, work on its quality improvement?
• Would you like to earn a name in Linux community?
• Do you enjoy automating various routine activities so that you don’t have to do them manually?
• Would you like to work in relaxed environment with flexible working time with the Linux enthusiasts like you?
• Do you have or wold you like to gain knowledge of various components of the modern Linux distribution?
• Have you ever contributed to the Open Source project?
• Have you ever written scripts in languages like bash, perl or python you can show?
• Do you enjoy coming up with new ideas and would you like to work on their implementation?
Then join the green side.
We have pancakes and chameleons and first of all Linux.
• Work on the Open Source automation framework - openQA
• Working on cross-team development and implementation of QA testing and automation
• Designing, developing and maintaining automated tests
• Scaling of innovative process and test automation
• Maintenance of reference test systems
• Performing related documentation tasks
• Development of internal tools
• Process improvement
• Work on the community distribution
• Round robin manual testing duty every few weeks
Required Skills and Experience:
• Good knowledge of the Linux operating system (experience in Linux system administration or system programming is desirable)
• Interest in the automation area (experience is welcome)
• Dedication to improvement and innovation in testing and automation
• English written and spoken
• Involvement in Open Source projects is a plus
• Analytical mindset
• Able to work individually and as part of the team
• Good communication skills
• Availability to occasionally travel internationally
We are looking for the enthusiasts who enjoy learning new things, have a motivation to make things better, are not afraid of changes, eagerly accept or actively seek challenges and are able to work alone or in the team.
Things and technologies you are going to get in touch with:
• IO/network stack
• and much more
• Getting familiar with all components of enterprise Linux
• Career growth opportunities in technical or management path
• Work procedures improvement
• Learning new technologies
And what "green" people think about SUSE:
"Working for SUSE so far has been the best choice I ever made in my job career. The working environment is great and I am happy to be surrounded by people that support each other and work in team spirit to bypass any potential challenges."
"SUSE has a unique Open Source oriented culture. Employees are encouraged to participate in community efforts."
"SUSE offices are a friendly open environment with smart people inside. The company provides a challenging job which combines enterprise requirements with Open Source."
• We set no boundaries – if you know how to do things better, go ahead
• We contribute to Open Source. And so can you. And we will appreciate it.
• You can show off. (Do you know our Hackweeks?)
• Company is full of enthusiasts like you
• We are flexible (for example if you don’t like to wake up early)
• And we also travel a bit (conferences, meetings, exchange programs, training, conferences…)
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
Informace o pozici
- SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.
- Křižíkova 148/34, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Tester
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employer type: Employer