Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC world's leading risk and reinsurance specialist provides reinsurance solutions for clients across the globe through more than 2,600 professionals in offices located around the world. We design innovative programs that create capital value for our clients and help them manage risk exposures so they can achieve their long-term financial goals.
Catastrophe Modelling Analyst
Catastrophe Modelling Analyst
An excellent opportunity for an analytical and numerically driven person
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
- Gather and prepare raw exposure data from clients for use in validation checks and exposure analyses
- Use the different models: RMS, AIR, RQE and GC’s proprietary software G-CAT
- Compile and interpret outputs form the models.
- Assist with the reporting and mapping of exposure and/or losses for real-time events.
- Perform basic analyses/Arc GIS mapping and modeling by processing and migrating data among Text, Dbase, Access, and SQL, and by developing or leveraging scripted code in R, Python, or SQL, in order to assist in quantifying risk .
- Assist in preparing summaries, presentations and reports in order to communicate findings to internal and external clients.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the analysts in other GC European offices
- Work on ad-hoc projects in collaboration with the Model Development Team and the Model Suitability Assessment Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a quantitative, scientific, or environmental discipline. For example: data science, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics or finance
- Coding experience in a relevant language would be advantageous but not a necessity (e.g. Access, SQL, R, Alteryx)
- Proactive mindset; a desire and ability to contribute to internal initiatives and research projects to completion.
- An understanding of the reinsurance industry and product lines preferred
- Technical expertise working with AIR and RMS catastrophe models would be an advantage, but training will be provided
- Superior data management skills. This individual must have the ability to manipulate, interpret, and extrapolate complex data.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. An ability to translate complex technical analysis and concepts into easily understandable terms for brokers and clients.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- A collaborative, team-oriented individual that can also work independently.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Other European language is a plus
Please apply here:
Information about position
- Guy Carpenter & Company GmbH, odštěpný závod
- Vinohradská 2828/151, Praha – Žižkov
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days
- Listed in: Insurance industry
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.