Why Expedia Group?
We are eager and energetic. We love the journey as much as the destination, being part of the team but staying true to ourselves. Life at Expedia Group is an endless adventure, full of opportunity, new experiences, meaningful bonds, and rewarding relationships.
Get to know our Amazing Brands
Our purpose is to bring the world within reach. We are among the largest technology companies in the world, and our work is solely dedicated to one of the most socially and economically important activities on the planet – travel. Our travel brands represent the world's most comprehensive selection of travel offerings. From personal to business, last minute to expenses, we’ve got it. These options are backed by industry leading technology and a worldwide team of passionate employees whose focus is creating the best travel experience.
We're a team of talented and diverse people from all over the world. We love solving problems and creating ideas — we learn, grow and succeed this way.
Do you want to come on an adventure? Careers at the heart of Expedia Group
At Expedia Group, we never stand still. With famous brands from trivago to Hotels.com, and 20,000 smart, talented people, we're already known all over the world for revolutionizing travel through the power of technology
Expedia Offices Prague:
• 750+ employees
• 27+ business languages
• 45+ nationalities
• Careers at Lodging (Hotel) Partner Services, Information Technology, Human Resources, Finance and Accounting, Creative / Content, Administration, Account Management and Others
• Location: Corso Court, Křižíkova 682/34a, CZ-186 00 Prague 8
Expedia Group and all its brands are proudly equal opportunity employers. All are welcome.
For more details: check lifeatexpedia.com and expedialpscareers.com
Senior Systems Administrator
As a Systems Administrator on the eIT Authentication team, you will work to build, maintain, monitor and optimize the services we provide that are foundational to the running of Expedia Group. This includes installing, configuring, administering, and fine-tuning Windows operating systems and components across the organization in a timely and efficient manner to maintain highly available, fault tolerant services. You will support the server OS and you will implement and sustain the various Infrastructure Applications that support the core foundation of IT. Infrastructure Applications are currently defined as Active Directory\Domain Services, Okta, Radius, MFA, ADFS SSO and similar applications that assist with the management or foundational support of the IT Infrastructure. You would also be responsible for implementing and maturing monitoring/reporting throughout the organization.
Our Team members take a long term view for solutions, with a solid focus on automation and scalability. You take the initiative, and take ownership to work issues to completion while remaining organised, consistent and calm under pressure. You enjoy working in a dynamic flexible environment with constant change and have the ability to express complex ideas to team members who have a variety of technical backgrounds.
Automation is a key component of success in this role. We are passionate about making tools convenient and easy for everyone. We define success by providing people the tools they need when they need them. We are looking for someone who shares our goals of building a resilient work environment with the customer's best interest at heart. Your main focus while in this position will be handling the server environment for Expedia’s corporate IT infrastructure. If you have a dedication to optimize tools to make life easier for customers, then this is the job for you.
- Daily administration of the Windows Server family of operating systems & industry standard Infrastructure applications within all facets of the Expedia Corporate environment.
- Work on automating deployment and configuration of IT infrastructure using code-based configuration tools and related workflows
- Craft and/or modify documentation of all systems and processes involved in supporting corporate environment to inform and educate others
- Experience with a wide variety of server configuration automation tools, automating processes, and server\infrastructure monitoring utilizing scripting skills
- Operationally support servers and services via ticketing system and queue management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively explain, describe, or convey ideas at all levels.
- Good scripting knowledge, PowerShell at a minimum but other scripting languages welcome python, ruby, etc.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills in a complex multi-domain environment are essential.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 and related infrastructure
- Knowledge of Expedia environment and infrastructure would be useful.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or MIS related field preferred / equivalent work experience considered
Preferred certifications (not required)
- MCITP - Server Administrator
- MCITP - Enterprise Administrator
- MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Expedia, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Expedia, Inc. follows applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Information about position
- Expedia Services CZ, s.r.o.
- Křižíkova 682/34a, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contribution holiday, Discount on company products / services, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, Operating system and network administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Corso Court, Krizikova 682/34a, 18200 Prague 8 – Karlin, Czech Republic