The beginnings of ESET date back to 1987, when two young programming enthusiasts, Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka, wrote a program for the detection of one of the world’s first computer viruses. They did not know that they had created one of the most successful antivirus programs in the world – dubbing it NOD. In 1992, together with their mutual friend Rudolf Hrubý, they formally established ESET.
What started as the brainchild of a few friends has evolved into the most valuable international brand of any Slovak company. Today ESET’s NOD32 technology protects over 100 million users across the world.
This success did not come overnight. The company’s global success and growth was given a boost in 1998 with its first “VB100” award from the prestigious Virus Bulletin magazine. Since then, we’ve received this accolade more than 100 times.
Today, over 1,400 employees around the world drive the company’s success – a telling increase from 3 in 1987 and 135 in 2006. Almost 700 of them are based in Slovakia, the home of ESET headquarters.
Throughout the company’s expansion, we have stayed true to the principles on which we were founded, and we remain independent in order to continue to meet new challenges.
A leader, responsible for managing a software company in Brno, having 2 other branches in Prague and Jablonec and last but not least leading 4 people directly. The organization is 70 people altogether. The company is a subsidiary of IT security industry leader based in Bratislava, Slovakia.
The job duties:
• Leading the company on behalf of the employer as a modern SW firm, a place where it's fun to work, well representing company's identity and values. Takes care of all three offices with the same level of attention. Ensures the company fulfills its obligations to all partners and employees according to active contracts
• Ensures the company fulfills its obligations to parent company
• Ensures the company acts in compliance with Czech Republic legislation. Adopts parent company policies and other procedures and employs those in local environment in compliance with local legislation
• Coordinates necessary activities between HR, Finance, Legal, IT and other supporting departments to make the company effectively and efficiently working organization, thus builds solid foundation for further growth.
• Represents the company and the brand towards external entities (partners, suppliers, universities, potential employees, etc.)
• Representing company on the basis of power of attorney in judicial and state authority institutions, local government body and other institutions and banks.
• Representing company in contact with the facility owners
• Prepares budgets, schedules, and other organizational reports as needed
• Identifies improvement areas. Plans and implements systems to boost company effectiveness. Dealing with telephone network operators and internet services suppliers, including signing, terminating and transferring agreements between the network operator, service supplier and the company, controlling telecommunication services
• Negotiating, signing and terminating agreements with other contractors
• Managing company’s assets, including making purchase decisions
• Performing labour law actions on behalf of the employer
• Managing licenses, warranties and regulations
• Conducting introductory occupational health and safety trainings
• Cooperation with all company departments
Minimum 5 years of experience in management position
Proven track record of holding a similar role in organization of such size.
College education with a focus in economics, law or IT.
Strong knowledge of legislation requirements related to running the company.
Understanding of labor and tax legislation.
Experience with SW/IT industry is an advantage.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
English written and verbal – C1 level.
Employee perks, benefits:
Bottomless drinks for all! Enjoy coffee, tea, juice or mineral water and other beverages to your heart’s content.
You will not go hungry. For each working day at ESET you will receive meal vouchers, fully reimbursed by the company. And should hunger strike during the day, you can grab a healthy snack in one of the kitchenettes.
Whether you commute by car, tram, bicycle or by foot, you are entitled to a transportation allowance once on board with ESET.
We support your personal development to help you grow on the job. You can attend a number of training courses, presentations, professional conferences and, best of all, you can improve your language skills, compliments of ESET.
We don’t want you to spend the whole day sitting behind a computer. Head out to the fitness center to lift the body and spirit.
We think family comes first. That’s why for your life’s milestones, such as wedding or birth of your children, in addition to our warmest congratulations, we also give you a financial contribution.
Even though we don’t have the fountain of youth, we can offer the next best thing – we contribute to your retirement savings.
Work hard, play hard. This is what we believe in and that’s why we organize a number of events for our employees throughout the year to relax and enjoy leisure time together.
Information about position
- ESET Research Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Dornych 486/47b, Brno – Trnitá
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer