IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 55 years IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC’s Insights businesses provide industry-focused advice for IT buyers in the Financial, Government, Health, Retail, Manufacturing and Energy verticals. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
Senior Research Analyst
IDC's European Services Research Team requires a Senior Research Analyst to join its team of IT and business market research specialists. The post holder will research the evolution of the services market and particularly the impact of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence.
The position is within IDC's IT and cloud Services research program.
The successful candidate must have experience in the field of IT services market analysis and a solid understanding of current trends in services delivery such as cloud platforms and agile software and services delivery.
This experience might have been gained as analyst, consultant or on the delivery side or as an IT manager on the end-user side. Candidates should have market research experience, be a fluent English speaker and be prepared to travel within Europe if necessary.
The position is within IDC's IT and Cloud Services research program.
Services Senior Research Analyst will be fulfilling two missions:
- Firstly, she/he will have operational responsibilities related to IT and cloud services program with an emphasis on providing a value proposition to IDC's clients, namely a/ local management of IT vendors and b/ executives and technology professionals within end-user companies.
- The candidate will actively work with existing IT services and cloud services analysts, participate in both syndicated (report creation and delivery) and custom research advising to both IT vendors and IT users on various aspects of services delivery in Europe.
- Secondly, the candidate will help to identify new research opportunities and design research products suitable for these new opportunities.
- In that role will help to articulate various use cases that trigger a/ users to procure 3rd. party services; b/ cutting age technological solutions and services and new technology delivery models.
- Responsibilities will include meeting research deadlines and QA/QCs requirements associated with the IDC's IT and cloud services deliverables. These tasks include organizing data collection, quantitative and qualitative analysis, report writing and preparing presentations.
- Hands on experience in the field of IT services in general and cloud markets in particular
- Native English speaker or fluent English speaker on a level of a native speaker
- A University Education (IT or Business/Economics)
- Track record of conducting analysis of companies and markets
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice packages N.B. Excel, Visual basic skills
- Knowledge of macro-economics & business practices
- Fluency in a Central or Eastern European language (Slavic language) is a plus.
- Some demonstrable interviewing experience and communication skills.
- Experience in public speaking and marketing techniques.
- The successful candidate must have experience in the field of IT services market analysis and a solid understanding of current trends in services delivery such as cloud platforms and agile software and services delivery. This experience might have been gained on the delivery side or as an IT manager on the end-user side.
Informace o pozici
- IDC Central Europe, the Middle East & Africa
- Malé náměstí 457/13, Praha – Staré Město
- Požadované vzdělání: Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Požadované jazyky: Angličtina (Výborná), Čeština (Pokročilá)
- Zařazeno: IS/IT: Konzultace, analýzy a projektové řízení, IT analytik
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka pracovního poměru
- Délka pracovního poměru: Na dobu neurčitou
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel