With sales of $1 billion and more than 330,000 customers, Veeam® is one of the largest private software companies in the world, having reached an increase by 48,000 new customers last year.
The organic growth of the company for twelve consecutive years has made it the leader in the cloud data management market, where companies spend about $30 billion a year.
Based in Baar, Switzerland, and with branches in more than 30 countries, Veeam was founded by Andrej Baronov and Ratmir Timashev in 2006.
Veeam has chosen the Czech Republic as the place to establish its most important R&D center worldwide. The Prague R&D center was opened in early 2016, receiving more than 50% of the company’s investment in total R&D expenditure. Our departments — mainly the Development and QA teams — are growing rapidly and provide a perfect chance for talented people to implement their professional and career plans.
QA Automation Engineer
BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH VEEAM!
The Veeam Quality Assurance team invites you to work on Veeam’s products together with Veeam QA professionals in Prague.
Veeam creates software products to solve complicated tasks in the areas of data protection and management. We work with VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV virtualization platforms; Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems; Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, Oracle and SAP HANA servers and databases; Amazon, Azure and Google public clouds; and many other technologies forming the core of the modern IT-world.
- Technical education or passion for technology.
- 1-2 years of software testing experience + experience using scripting languages like PowerShell, Python, Perl, Groovy, etc.
- OR -
- Advanced programming experience (desktop applications in C#, applications for Android/iOS, etc.) without software testing experience but with an interest in this field.
- Desire to write a good code and grow professionally in the software development area.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Open and flexible mind, common sense, clear logic, analytical skills.
- Desire and ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of English, enough to read technical documentation.
- Experience working with databases.
- Understanding of network technologies and systems (DNS, DHCP, basic network settings, etc.)
- Experience working with virtualization platforms.
- Knowledge of Russian language would be beneficial.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and supporting autotests for one or several Veeam products.
- “Deep diving” into our products, technology and profession.
- Communicating with other participants of the product development process.
- Deploying and supporting autotest infrastructure.
- Participating in autotest framework development.
- Evaluating test results, maintaining defects database.
A set of technologies and tools varies from project to project, and includes:
- PowerShell, SQL, C#
- Selenium WebDriver, FitNesse, TestCafe, Pester
- Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab/Microsoft TFS
Our offer includes:
- Excellent professional and career opportunities in the international team of talented and energetic people.
- Competitive salary and regular pay rises.
- Generous benefits package from the very first day of your employment including: premium health insurance program for you and your children, additional payments for sick leave, English classes, meal tickets, MultiSport card, public transport pass, cell phone contract, and many others.
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy or formalism.
- Professional trainings and education, including courses and conferences, internal meetups and unlimited access to online library.
- Work permit assistance.
- Relocation package for non-Prague candidates: one additional salary as a one-time payment.
Informace o pozici
- Veeam Software (Czech Republic) s.r.o.
- Argentinská 420/4, Praha – Holešovice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Quality and quality control, SW architect, Programmer, Database specialist, Tester, Quality Manager, Development Manager / Team Leader
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer