We are looking for data scientists to help explore the limits of bleeding-edge technologies at the heart of products that surprise and delight our customers.
Do you have a curious mind? Are you passionate about quality and analyze data with a skeptical mindset?
Do you love taking apart complex systems?
If you are intrigued by these questions, you’ll feel right at home here. The goal of our team is to provide insight into the quality of complex algorithms and machine learning models as well as data used for their development, using data science approaches.
As a part of the Human Interface Devices organization at Apple, we get to work closely with hardware and tackle many different challenges around sensors and sensing software. You will get to further research & development by inspecting, interpreting and evaluating algorithms and their underlying datasets.
In this role you will collaborate with Algorithms, Software, Firmware, Data and Quality Assurance Engineers to deliver state-of-the-art next generation technologies into Apple products.
- Background in either: Data Analysis, Statistics, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science
- Comfortable with Python (nice to have: Matlab, R, and/or other Data Science tools)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL / Key-value store databases
- Confident with basic and advanced statistical methods, e.g. descriptive and inferential statistics, multivariate analysis
- Quality driven, detail oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills
- 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Analyzing and visualizing algorithm performance in a concise, illustrative, truthful and comprehensive way
- Researching feasibility of new algorithms and features
- Working with large scale datasets and developing tools and frameworks necessary for processing of such data
- Developing test frameworks and routines to ensure high quality of data processing and analysis pipelines
- Devising performance metrics, test cases and regression conditions for different models
- Processing raw data and building refined datasets
- Ensuring the highest quality of the end user product
Education & Experience
- MS/Ing or PhD in Computer Science,
- Computer Engineering,
- Data Science,
- Statistics or equivalent in relevant industry experience
- Experience with processing and visualising very large data sets and building performance reports
- Experience with data acquisition operations (defining data collection protocols, logistics…)
- Nice to have: Experience with highly parallel, distributed, streamed or generally asynchronous data processing environments (Spark, Kafka, BigQuery, Dask, Celery, Hadoop, etc..)
- Fluent English
- Czech is a plus
Informace o pozici
- Apple Czech s.r.o.
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Above-standard medical care, Discount on company products / services, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Education allowance, Sick days, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer