Reporting to the Director, Pangea Digital, the Project Manager - Software Development is responsible for managing multiple software projects, successfully balancing scope, quality, time and resources to deliver against the strategic plan and objectives of Pangea Digital. You will work closely with the internal development team, key stakeholders and various vendors. You will serve in a leadership position that requires excellent communication and technical skills, coupled with the ability to lead mission critical projects across a large enterprise.
What we do in Pangea Digital:
We are a team of web developers, testers, designers, product managers, systems administrators and customer care specialists who build customize web solutions for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Voice of America, Middle East Broadcasting Networks and Office of Cuban Broadcasting.
We design and develop News Websites, Mobile Apps, Smart TV Apps, our custom Pangea Content Management System, Media Asset Management System – for more information about Pangea products look at http://www.pangea-cms.com/ and about Pangea team at www.facebook.com/PangeaCMS.
What we can offer:
- A unique, multinational employer with a great history and presence in providing accurate and reliable news and information to domestic audiences in the local languages (rferl.org).
- Work on content management systems for journalists who make difference in the world (more than 100 websites in more than 50 languages).
- Competitive salary.
- Good benefits package: Vacation (after three years of service - 25 days), Holidays (a corporate holiday schedule with holidays added to Czech statutory holidays), Fitness Benefit (membership in a fitness center network), Sick Leave (13 workdays of paid sick leave per year), Medical Care on Premises, Public Transportation Pass, Meal Allowance, Summer Allowance, Retirement Savings Program, Language Courses, Life Insurance, Relocation Benefit (One-way travel and transportation expenses for employees hired outside the Czech Republic).
- Training and development opportunities – internal and external.
- Friendly team and positive working environment.
- Permanent employment (after one-year contract).
- Manages all projects in Pangea Digital from start to finish by overseeing both the product being produced and the people performing the work.
- Partner with product stakeholders in the development, prioritization and communication of the Product Roadmap.
- Develops detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation to deliver every project on time and within scope.
- Assigns tasks and projects to the members of the project teams and monitors their performance, cooperates closely with Pangea management and team leaders to ensure all tasks of the respective teams are followed through.
- Ensure all project requirements, design mocks and related project assets are properly documented and communicated to project teams before the development process begins.
- Manage expectations, negotiation and communication with project stakeholders in support of delivery against the project roadmap.
- Translate product objectives into integrated plans and schedules for the project lifecycle.
- Preparation and ongoing management of project tools and documentation, including time tracking, project plans, sprints/release boards, status reports and launch plans.
- Perform estimation, forecasting and time tracking/reporting for projects and project resources.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline and at least 5 years of experience working as a project manager in Digital Media or Software Development project management (required); mobile experience (preferred);
- Hands-on experience with JIRA and/or similar agile PPM tools;
- Deep understanding of current digital and mobile technologies and trends;
- Presentation and Team management skills;
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to work with others on a team within a collegial, yet demanding work environment;
- Relevant technical knowledge – ideally a background in programming and testing;
- English language is a must, Czech language nice to have.
If you are interested, we would be happy to hear from you!
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient), Czech (Proficient)
- Benefits: Above-standard medical care, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, Project Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer