ELI Beamlines research centre in Dolní Břežany is part of pan-European infrastructure ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) representing a unique tool of support of scientific excellence in Europe by making available its capacities to the best scientific teams across the world. The aim of ELI Beamlines is to establish the most intensive laser system in the world and to operate it on a long-term basis. Due to ultra-high performances of 10 PW (1 petawatt = 1,000,000,000,000,000 watts) and concentrated intensities of up to 1024 W/cm2, we can offer our users a unique source of radiation and beams of accelerated particles. The so called beamlines will enable groundbraking research in the area of physics and science dealing with materials, but also in biomedicine and laboratory astrophysics and many other fields. ELI Beamlines is part of the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, and it was open in 2015.
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award. It is awarded by the European Commission to institutions which put significant effort into improving their HR strategy and ensuring professional and ethical working conditions.
LabVIEW Developer (Experiment Control)
The group is developing control and data acquisition systems that control, connect and interface more than 40 complex subsystems (lasers, beam transports, beamlines/experiments, facility systems, safety systems,..). Currently, these systems are in a state of partial operation and ongoing commissioning.
The new team member would work partially embedded in an experimental team (with multiple groups), and under the guidance of the Control System team, be responsible for their controls-related needs and act as a responsible point-of-contact. This would mean participating in and driving scope and requirements negotiations; implementing, operating and troubleshooting temporary solutions, and working on the implementation of permanent, facility-wide installations.
We are looking for a well-rounded and hands-on candidate with good communication skills, someone who can work with physicists on their immediate needs in the laboratory, and then transition this into professional and standardized solutions.
- university degree in a technical field / physics
- LabVIEW at CLD level (certification desired but not required)
- NI Modules/Hardware: VISA, IMAQdx, nice-to-have: RT (cRIO)
- demonstrated experience with typical hardware found in a scientific or automated measurement environment (instrumentation, vision/motion systems)
- excellent communication skills in English
Nice to have would be some of the following:
- basic electronic skills (definitely not RF or design of complex PCBs, just to solve typical tasks like basic signal conversion / grounding / impedance matching; help scientists select motors or DAQ cards, troubleshoot small installations)
- experience working in a Big Physics research environment (middlewares, scientific stakeholders, public procurement...) or on a large industrial SCADA system
- PLC programming skills (anything STL/IEC 61131-3)
- experience with C++, MTCA, Timing Systems (WhiteRabbit/GFT)
- background in physics / lasers / optics
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- competitive and motivating salary
- flexible working hours
- nice working environment
- career growth
- lunch vouchers, pension contribution and 5 sick days
- support of leisure time activities
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (+420 - 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data
Informace o pozici
- Fyzikální Ústav AV ČR, v.v.i. - projekt ELI-Beamlines
- Za Radnicí 835, Dolní Břežany
- Požadované vzdělání: Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Požadované jazyky: Angličtina (Středně pokročilá)
- Plat: 30 000 – 60 000 Kč / měsíc
- Benefity: Stravenky/příspěvek na stravování, Dovolená 5 týdnů, Vzdělávací kurzy, školení, Zdravotní volno/sickdays
- Zařazeno: IS/IT: Vývoj aplikací a systémů, Věda a výzkum, Programátor, Vědecko výzkumný pracovník
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka pracovního poměru
- Délka pracovního poměru: Na dobu určitou
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel
Za Radnicí 835, 252 41 Dolní Břežany, Česká republika