Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services, which form a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote’s Shared Service Centre (SSC) in Prague is one of our two Global SSCs. In Prague we support our business from around the Bodycote Group in Europe. This support covers a number of functional areas, specifically Finance, IT, Marketing, Payroll and Human Resources. In supporting our business, the Prague SSC aims to perform its functional work in a consistent manner across regions and divisions using simplified, standard end-to-end processes wherever possible.
The vision of the Prague SSC is to deliver excellent service through our core values: Honesty & Transparency; Respect & Responsibility and Creating Value.
1923 Year Founded
1972 Year listed on the London Stock Exchange (BOY)
180 The number of Bodycote plants around the world
23 The number of countries Bodycote operates in
5,370 The number of staff employed by Bodycote globally
2012 SSC opened in Prague to service European Finance
German Payroll Specialist
Main Purpose of Job
This position will serve as a support to the Senior Payroll Officer for the German entities serving internal customers on all aspects of payroll and HR administration.
What would be your responsibilities?
The primary duties consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Run entire German Payroll and administer all related processes
- Prepare payroll entries/reports/schedules
- Ensure accurate accounting and reporting of payroll costs
- Calculate pension costs and payments
- Set new starters on payroll system and update any changes related to payroll
- Prepare exit documentation for leavers
- Review and adjust time records to ensure legal accuracy and compliance with company policy in order to complete the payroll file and process the payroll
- Report to and deal with the respective local (German) authorities (Tax office, Social insurance, Health insurance etc.), providing obligatory notifications, reviews and reports
- Provide payroll related advisory services to employees, issuing confirmations and income related documents upon employee request
- Track, implement and follow up on payroll relevant legislation changes
- Administer annual tax reconciliation
- Prepare payroll reports to senior management
- Reconcile pay files and submissions to ensure accuracy and audit compliance, support any internal/external audits
- Proactively suggest and drive areas for payroll processes improvement
- Co-operate closely with HR department and support it with any HR activities
What will help you to do your job?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Strong communication skills
- Good planning, organizational, time management, follow-up and follow-through skills
- Friendly, positive, customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines & time constraints
- Knowledge and hands on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required
- Proficient in German and English
- Ability to deal with local authorities (Social insurance, Tax office, Health insurance, Pension companies etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of payroll experience for Germany
- University degree in finance/accountancy and/or payroll accounting course
- Very good knowledge of local social insurance law and employee tax law
- Good knowledge in local working time regulation
- Shared services experience
- Basic knowledge of local employment law and pension law
- Experience with tariff management and dealing with works council agreements is highly welcomed
In return we are offering...
- Stable environment in a fun office
- Young international team consisting of 16 nationalities
- Great location in Prague 8 (5 minutes from Metro Station)
- Attractive salary and excellent benefits
Informace o pozici
- Bodycote SSC s.r.o.
- Rohanské nábřeží 671/15, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced), German (Proficient)
- Benefits: Above-standard medical care, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Corporate events, Opportunity to work up hours, Foreign business trips
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services, Economics and Business Finance, Human resources, Remuneration and benefits specialist, Payroll clerk
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer