The English College in Prague - Anglické gymnázium, o.p.s. has been a leading IB school in the Czech Republic since 1994 offering a British-style education. It is a selective, independent six-year grammar school for Czech and international students. The main language of instruction is English.
Receptionist (part-time Mon to Fri 12:00 to 18:00)
The receptionist is important in providing a positive image of the school and is the first point of contact for visitors, students and staff.
As a receptionist you will directly report to the School Office Manager and will provide administrative support across the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To welcome visitors
- To answer, screen and forward phone calls
- To take messages
- To maintain security by following procedures and controlling access (issue visitor badges)
- To take deliveries of post, books, equipment, etc.
- To manage outgoing post
- To work with the school’s student absences’ system
- To maintain school access chips in SW program
- To do photocopying for staff
- To monitor and forward emails
- Other related administrative tasks, and duties reasonably required…
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Friendly and excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Professional appearance
- Fluent Czech and fluent English
- Must possess a high degree of integrity
- Comfortable with working in a diverse cultural environment
- Well-organised, initiative and reliable
- Good PC skills
- Working experience in a front office handling receptionist responsibilities
- Knowledge and understanding of school / educational environment - not necessary
- Stable institution with friendly working environment
- Daily use of English language
- Ongoing internal/external training and financial support for continued professional development
- Contribution to pension insurance
- Meal vouchers
- 35 days holiday per calendar year and free refreshments at the workplace
Applications must include a CV with a brief covering letter explaining why this position would be of interest to you and what experience you would bring to the role. Names and contact details of two referees are required as well.
Closing date: 29 March 2019
Starting date: 29 April 2019 or as agreed
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: Initially one year with expected extension to a permanent contract after that.
Informace o pozici
- The English College in Prague - Anglické gymnázium, o.p.s.
- Sokolovská 139/320, Praha – Vysočany
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Proficient) or Czech (Proficient)
- Listed in: Administration, Training and education, Receptionist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Suitable for graduates.
Suitable for parents on maternity and parental leave.
Suitable for retired.
283 101 207