Verizon is a global leader in Communications, IT solutions, Information and Entertainment Services. America's most advanced fiber-optic network delivers an innovative, seamless business solutions to customers around the world. We believe strongly that our role in connecting people, ideas and opportunities is vital to meeting the challenges of the future. We combine professional expertise with one of the world’s most connected IP networks to deliver award-winning communications, IT, information security and network solutions. We securely connect today’s extended enterprises of widespread and mobile customers, partners, suppliers and employees—enabling them to increase productivity and efficiency and help preserve the environment. Many of the world’s largest businesses and governments—including 96 percent of the Fortune 1000 and thousands of government agencies and educational institutions—rely on our professional and managed services and network technologies to accelerate their business.
Designated Tier 1 Network Engineer
What You’ll Be Doing...
The Designated Tier 1 Engineer works in the 24x7 Network Operations Centre responsible for management and repair of complex integrated customer solutions. The engineer acts as the first point of contact for the customer, to raise and manage incidents and drive restoration of their network services. Engineers at the beginning of their career and engineers with several years’ experience that would like to work with the latest technology in a global company may profit the most from this role.
* Perform fault identification, diagnosis and resolution on a 24x7 basis
* Take corrective actions for all incidents on the customers’ network
* Communicate with the customer, vendors and internal teams
* Initiate activities to restore the service
* Engage and work with internal teams and/or external vendors
* Work closely with engineering teams responsible for the design of the customers’ solution.
What we’re looking for...
* Basic understanding of networking – routing, switching and wireless technologies at minimum CCENT level
* Fluent English communication skills both written and verbal
* Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
* Team-player mindset with excellent communications skills and structured work approach
* Focus on customer experience and satisfaction
* Service mentality
* Understanding of ITIL methodology
Even Better If You Have
* Cisco certification like CCENT, CCNA, CCNP
* Experience in service provider or a service desk environment
* Basic UNIX knowledge
* ITIL Foundation v3 Certification
* Experience with MS-Office applications
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Informace o pozici
- Ostrava – Moravská Ostrava
- Požadované vzdělání: Základní
- Zařazeno: IS/IT: Správa systémů a HW, Správce operačních systémů a sítí
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na zkrácený úvazek
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel