General Ledger Accountant
General Ledger Accountant Summary Prepares analysis, reviews, validates and reconciles various records, financial reports and statements. Performs complex financial analyses to summarize current and projected company financial position. Plans, conducts, and participates in analysis of complex cost assignments, ensuring that all assigned projects adhere to accepted cost accounting standards.
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepares and posts more complex journal entries for company accounts ensuring information is accurate and up to date.
• Reconciles balance sheet and income statement accounts to general ledger; researches more complex discrepancies and determines appropriate course of action. Prepare complex bank reconciliations, journal entries, and expense analyses.
• Develops spreadsheets for account analysis and journal entries in order to keep records organized and standardized.
• Participates in more complex special projects such as accounting complex software updates in order to provide expertise.
• Coordinates, prepares, consolidates, submits, and distributes monthly financial statements in order to provide management with information on financial accounts.
• Educates internal clients on more complex accounting principles when necessary.
• Conducts more complex studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation to management.
• Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
• May provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
• 2 or more years of accounting or finance experience
• Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software Other Qualifications
• Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
• Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with less experienced accountants and support personnel
• Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management • Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
• Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Informace o pozici
- DXC.TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services, Economics and Business Finance
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer