Odysseus, a fast-growing start-up company, has an exciting opening for a Software Engineer / Sr. Software Engineer. This role will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting cutting-edge distributed solutions in the Real-World Evidence area, utilized by the researchers in Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Payer industries. We are looking for a self-driven individual who an hit the ground running, quick learner and likes to work in an exciting dynamic environment as a part of an international team.
Software Developer (JAVA)
Develop complex, distributed, modular applications in a multi-tiered environment using the following core technologies:
- Java and Apache frameworks e.g. Spring / Hibernate
- PostgreSQL, database design, stored procedures, advanced SQL
- Big Data platforms e.g. AWS RedShift / Spark / EMR or Cloudera Hadoop / Spark / Impala.
- Web Services – REST, JSON, SOAP/WS-*.
- NoSQL data stores and search engines, e.g. SOLR, Elastic Search is a plus
Develop solutions in Agile fashion following Scrum process and Test-Driven approach enabled with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence).
Develop solutions by applying industry best practices and coding standards
Document architecture design by creating necessary architecture artifacts, including UML domain models, component and deployment diagrams. Document business requirements as user stories.
Work closely with Lead Architect / Technical lead to implement designs.
Create prototypes and POCs, as needed.
Design secure and compliant solutions by implementing necessary application security and following various regulatory laws (HIPAA, GDPR).
Be a part of the dynamic open source observational research OHDSI community, participate in
workshops, hackathons and collaborate to implement observational research solutions e.g. have a
fun time developing cutting edge solutions.
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science — or equivalent
experience in information technology and software development — is required.
Practical experience developing complex solutions with the following technologies required:
- Java / Spring / Hibernate
- RDBMS / SQL
- Web Services - REST / JSON
Knowledge of Hadoop-based and AWS platforms, ETL and big data processing is a big plus.
Experience designing and developing solutions using Agile software development approach
Experience with OMOP CDM, OMOP Standardized Vocabularies, ATLAS and other tools,
methods and standards developed by OHDSI community is a big plus
Informace o pozici
- Odysseus Data Services s.r.o.
- Na Havránce 1508/14, Praha – Modřany
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Salary: 120 000 – 180 000 CZK / month
- Benefits: Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Opportunity to work up hours, A longer unpaid leave, Foreign business trips, International conferences, Individual budget for personal growth, Launch of a completely new project
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
775 658 029