Sysadmin - Senior Chaos Manager
- 2e Systems is a global technology provider to the airline and travel industries
- Opportunity to make a real impact on our operations as we grow further
Seeking a steady hand to bring order to the chaos in our small but critical sysadmin group
Type of employment: Full time
2e Systems is a highly versatile computer engineering and development company specializing in online booking, ecommerce, mobile and communication solutions for the airline and travel industry; we develop and operate critical systems for airline customers worldwide. Our head office is in the Frankfurt area (Bad Soden am Taunus) but our second biggest office is in Zagreb.
Ideally we want someone to relocate to Frankfurt, Germany or Zagreb, Croatia. Remote work possible, but you know how it goes - out of sight, out of mind. But if you’re confident you can work efficiently whilst remote, we can talk as long as you don’t mind occasional visits to Frankfurt per year.
You have not only the basics of unix/Linux systems administration covered but also the intricate nuances. You know why Linux is not the same as Unix. You don’t care. You don’t know all the ls(5) flags by heart, but you do know what the number in brackets means. You also know the number above is not correct.
Main tasks of the position
- You are a SAGE level IV systems administrator with 5+ years of experience. You don’t have to google to know what that is.
- You have an OCD where you can’t sleep until you get everything right, but you also understand that between perfect, fast and cheap, one can get only two, rarely.
- You are lazy. You automate everything that makes sense automating. You are also happy with a checklist. Once or twice.
- You document your work. You document “why” much more than “how”. You document not for yourself but for people coming after you. When going through other people’s scribbles you are able to discern the whys and hows, even if that person is not the best technical writer.
- When you see something broken, you don’t just fix it, you look back and try to understand why is it broken and what else is or will break. And when you finally fix it you fix it everywhere and for good, not just where it hurts the most. Most of the time.
- You are able to interface with other humans, from time to time at least ;)
- You can handle customer calls professionally
- You don’t mind passing on your knowledge to a deserving young bedouin
What we offer
- An exciting, inspiring and interesting job in the airline industry
- The company is relatively small and focussed on getting the job done
- The environment is quite informal, we’re professional but try not to take ourselves too seriously
- You will receive a competitive salary combined with good opportunities to develop professionally
- Further education and professional development is supported
- Your work will have a direct and visible impact on our business and customers
How much money does it pay? Don’t worry about that - you know what you're worth and we do as well. If you are worried that we will be wasting your time, remember that you will be wasting ours too ;)
How to apply
You don’t have to fulfill all of the requirements. You don’t have to be even half, but if you see yourself in 2 or 3 of the main tasks listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We don’t really have an HR department screening the applications, all of them will be read by your future boss, so please don’t be a serial applier, write something dorky!:
- Please include a brief cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the job and which locations you would like to be considered for.
- If you require help / sponsorship to work in your preferred location, please state this clearly
- Your CV should be in English as all our documentation is in English
About 2e Systems
2e Systems was established in Germany in 2000, we now have offices in Croatia, Ireland, the UK, the US, and Australia. We use many of the latest open source frameworks and technologies to build stable and high-quality products.
We provide airlines with internet and mobile solutions for booking flights, check-in, notifications, and crew management. Customers include airlines such as Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Swiss Airlines, airBaltic, Croatia Airlines and JetBlue.
Informace o pozici
- 2e Systems GmbH
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Listed in: Transport, logistics and supply, IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, Telecommunications
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employer type: Employer