We are Melown Technologies. We develop innovative 3D technologies for modeling urban development and landscapes. You may have heard that we created a detailed model of Czechia for Mapy.cz—the largest three-dimensional map in the world at the time. Our technology is exceptional and we are one of the companies setting the future of 3D modeling around the world.
Our vision is not just to create 3D models, but to understand them perfectly—we break them down into smaller parts and classify them to extract valuable data:for example, the placement of trees, benches, or other objects. The automatically extracted data will bring use to smart cities, architects, scientists, or even game designers.
Even though we are a small company from Prague with a startup culture, Hexagon is backing us—the world leader in the area of sensors, software, and autonomous solutions.
Computer Vision/Graphics Engineer
This is a unique opportunity for a skilled C++ developer to join an exciting project on the boundary between computer vision and computer graphics. We are developing an in-house pipeline for processing 2D aerial imagery and LiDAR data into 3D textured models of urban and natural landscapes, and related geospatial products.
We strive to stay on the cutting edge of structure-from-motion, meshing, and texturing. Part of the job is to study recent academic papers and apply the knowledge to improving and optimizing tasks such as:
- Dense matching and depth-map estimation.
- TV-L1 depth-map fusion, Poisson meshing.
- Seamless texturing based on a PDE solver.
- SIFT feature matching and camera calibration.
- CUDA and OpenMP parallelization of selected parts of the pipeline.
- Processing results of semantic segmentation of images and point-clouds.
We don't assume our candidates have prior knowledge of all of the above, but would like to hear from motivated individuals with solid backgrounds in mathematics and computer science as well as fast learners who are not afraid to delve into highly technical problems. This is a rare opportunity for applied research-like work with an industrial backing.
Recognize yourself in the following? Contact us!
- You are a senior C++ developer with an interest in applied math who seeks a challenging project.
- You have at least 3 years of demonstrable experience in computer vision, computer graphics or related field.
- You have strong analytical skills and mathematical reasoning.
- You are keen to learn about new methods and algorithms.
- UNIX/Linux are your preferred systems to work with.
- You are not afraid of challenges and remain level-headed when tackling them.
C++, Computer Vision, structure from motion, multiple-view geometry, linear algebra, computational geometry, pattern recognition, image processing, CUDA/OpenCL, OpenMP, Linux
Informace o pozici
- Melown Technologies SE
- Strakonická 1199/2d, Praha – Hlubočepy
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Intermediate), Czech (Advanced)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Work mostly from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work, part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.
Job is also suitable for the physically challenged, attendance required – handicapped-accessible building. Also suitable for: Wheelchair bound.
+420 606 308 357