Melown Technologies is a high-tech company based in Prague focusing on mass-scale computer vision. We develop scalable photogrammetry technology for creating and visualizing 3D models of urban and natural landscapes, from street level detail to the planetary scale.
Melown Technologies SE is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technology solutions that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial landscapes.
Our goal is to transform the real world into its photorealistic digital counterpart. We want to provide the technology to extract useful information from this digital world and to enable its use in cloud based geospatial, AR, gaming and VR applications.
Senior Computer Vision/Graphics Engineer
This is a unique opportunity for a senior C++ developer to join an exciting project on the boundary between computer vision and computer graphics. We are developing an in-house pipeline for processing 2D aerial imagery and LiDAR data into 3D textured models of urban and natural landscapes and related geospatial products.
We strive to stay on the cutting edge of structure-from-motion, meshing and texturing. Part of the job is to study recent academic papers and apply the knowledge to improving and optimizing tasks such as:
- Dense matching and depth-map estimation
- TV-L1 depth-map fusion, Poisson meshing
- Seamless texturing based on a PDE solver
- SIFT feature matching and camera calibration
- CUDA and OpenMP parallelization of selected parts of the pipeline
- Processing results of semantic segmentation of images and point-clouds
We don't assume prior knowledge of all of the above but would like to hear from a motivated individual with a solid background in mathematics and computer science, a fast learner who is not afraid to delve into highly technical problems. This is a rare opportunity for applied research-like work with an industrial backing.
Recognise yourself in the following? Contact us!
- You are a senior C++ developer with an interest in applied math who seeks a challenging project.
- You have at least 3 years of demonstrable experience in computer vision, computer graphics or related field.
- You have strong analytical skills and mathematical reasoning.
- You are keen to learn about new methods and algorithms.
- UNIX/Linux are your preferred systems to work with.
- You are not afraid of challenges and remain level-headed when tackling them.
C++, computer vision, structure from motion, multiple-view geometry, linear algebra, computational geometry, pattern recognition, image processing, CUDA/OpenCL, OpenMP, Linux
Informace o pozici
- Melown Technologies SE
- Strakonická 1199/2d, Praha – Hlubočepy
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Intermediate), Czech (Advanced)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work, part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.
Job is also suitable for the physically challenged, attendance required – handicapped-accessible building. Also suitable for: Wheelchair bound.