Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with field activities in 27 countries (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social services programme in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. CCR is a member of the international network of the Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a number of international and local partners.
In addition to emergency response, the organization focuses on 4 key areas: 1) health care and social services; 2) sustainable livelihoods in agriculture and small-scale entrepreneurship; 3) vocational education (youth and adults) and 4) assistance to refugees and IDPs.
CRR has 20 years of experience in managing social welfare programmes, including support to people with disabilities. The organization adheres to core humanitarian principles, including gender equality.
The CCR mission in Cambodia was established in 2016 with the aim to assist primarily through 3 main interventions: 1) fighting poverty; 2) capacity building to improve health and hygiene; and 2) supporting disabled communities. The main country office is located in Phnom Penh. CCR is currently working on its new country strategy, aiming to strengthen it’s country presence, expand the local team and partnerships, in addition to developing the mission’s programmatic portfolio
CCRC assists Cambodia in its effort to tackle poverty and social inequalities and to promote integral human development, social justice, and sustainable social systems in line with the Cambodian government’s development aspirations. In line with the new country strategy, CCRC’s effort will focus on health, education, environment and the social care sector. Throughout the projects, CCRC will mainstream crosscutting issues advancing gender equality, youth participation, disability inclusion and environmental sustainability.
Humanitarian Capacity Development Manager
I. Information about the position
Name of position: Humanitarian Capacity Development Manager
Expected length of employment: 12 months with possibility of extension (long-term contract preferred)
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Prague (+ occassional travels)
Start date: ASAP
Humanitarian Capacity Development Manager (HCDM) is an important member of the Humanitarian Aid and Development Cooperation Department´s open-minded senior management team welcoming pro-active and innovative approach.
CHDM coordinates humanitarian activities of CCR and systematically builds humanitarian capacity of the organization. He/she cooperates closely with the Head of Department, Development Manager, Regional Managers and CCR field missions.
CCR humanitarian capacity development
- Collecting information about global humanitarian priorities and regions/ countries of focus. Coordinate collecting information about previous and ongoing CCR humanitarian projects, identify key areas of expertise and organizational know-how in specific sectors, summarize track-record and ensure that the institutional memory is retained
- Identify gaps in terms of CCR emergency response capacity and proactively propose and implement measures to fill them (develop links to external experts, prepare and deliver trainings, organize knowledge sharing within the organization)
- Draft concise and attractive presentation materials to communicate CCR emergency response capacity externally to donors, partners etc.
Development, update and introduction of CCR internal procedures linked to humanitarian capacity
- Initiate and coordinate development of respective manuals and other regulations
- Ensure compliance of CCR internal procedures with Core Humanitarian Standards
- Ensure smooth implementation of respective internal regulations within the HQ as well as the missions
Humanitarian projects supervision
- Supervise humanitarian projects implemented by CCR and ensure they follow Core Humanitarian Standards
- Take the lead of humanitarian projects when needed (especially during the preparation phase, e.g. before the project manager is hired, etc.)
- Monitor humanitarian grant opportunities on global level and coordinate this activity with Regional Managers and Heads of Missions
- Pro-actively search for new funding and other opportunities and suggest / execute steps toward development of CCR missions
- Initiate and coordinate humanitarian project proposal writing in line with the respective country context and Strategy
- Ensure the humanitarian project proposals comply with Core Humanitarian Standards and offer efficient and innovative solutions
- Collect information about CCR priority regions and countries (political and security situation in the countries, socio-economic context, existing and emerging needs, donor´s policies) in order to have detailed overview of the global situation and trends
- Coordinate development and maintenance productive relationships with donors, government agencies, partner organizations, diplomatic missions and provide advice to HoMs in this field;
- Contribute to successful negotiation of partnerships and strategic cooperation
- Keep abreast with donors’ strategies, priorities and trends
- Experience in project/programme cycle management in humanitarian aid; proven track record of at least 2 years
- Experience in drafting, introducing and implementing processes in a similar organization operating in this sector
- Experience with financial project management
- Good project proposal writing skills (preferably ECHO, EuropeAid, CZDA, etc.);
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written);
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills;
- Authority, professional communication skills and ability to cooperate smoothly with variety of colleagues, partners, etc.
- Valid EU residence permit
- Proven experience in managing teams with various nationalities, gender, age and ethnicity;
- Experience of working in development and/or humanitarian setting in a leadership position;
- Track record of managing relations with a variety of donors;
- Knowledge of Caritas network;
IV. What we offer
- Appropriate financial evaluation
- Project approval bonus
- Remmuneration (twice a year)
- Business trips
- 25 days of paid leave, in addition to official public holidays
- Mealtickets CZK 100/day
- Multisport card
- 2 days of sick day/ year
- 2 days of home office/month
- Business trips
- Access to training opportunities
- Career development in a value-driven professional organization, suitable especially for dynamic professionals
- Open-minded senior management team welcoming pro-active and innovative approach
- Creative atmosphere
- Space to significantly contribute to organizational capacity building and bring wise and efficient solutions.
V. How to apply
The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume. The applications are reviewed on continual basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Informace o pozici
- Charita Česká republika
- Vladislavova 1460/12, Praha – Nové Město
- Požadované vzdělání: Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Požadované jazyky: Angličtina (Pokročilá)
- Benefity: Mobilní telefon, Notebook, Flexibilní začátek/konec pracovní doby, Stravenky/příspěvek na stravování, Dovolená 5 týdnů, Vzdělávací kurzy, školení, Příspěvek na sport/kulturu/volný čas, Zdravotní volno/sickdays, Možnost občasné práce z domova, Dog-friendly office
- Zařazeno: Ekonomika a podnikové finance, Project Manager
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka pracovního poměru
- Délka pracovního poměru: Na dobu určitou
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva, práce na živnostenský list/IČO, jiné
- Zadavatel: Nezisková organizace