Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Function: EU Accounting Team
Reporting to: Senior Director, EU Accounting
As a member of the centralized European Accounting Team based in Prague you will be responsible for various accounting and finance processes across numerous European countries. Proactive and dynamic involvement in the European Accounting Team to achieve key performance measurements in terms of efficiency, productivity and quality by ensuring all the processes and controls are followed and service excellence provided to both internal and external clients.
You will be a strong team-player as responsibilities include working with various European Accounting Team members, Business Finance and cooperating with peers in a way to promote trust and communication. Strong leader and coach as you will be expected to develop the junior and senior accountants within the EU accounting team. Experienced IFRS specialist or in depth knowledge of IFRS to ensure accuracy and completeness of the financial data.
- Plans and monitors month-end closing cycle for all entities in the regions. Ensures all month-end activities/ entries are completed accurately and timely as per internal deadlines;
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and completeness of IFRS accounting ledgers;
- Ensures consistency and completeness of data transfers between sub ledgers and general ledger;
- Acts as a key contact for business finance (for all accounting as well as cross-functional issues/queries);
- Reviews all sub ledger generated postings before ledgers are closed for the month;
- Reviews/Analyses movements on all P&L and BS accounts and provides monthly variance commentary;
- Coordination with the junior and senior accountants to ensure all BS accounts are reconciled in timely manner;
- Reviews and approves all general ledger entries prepared by regional accountants;
- Reviews reconciliations of all BS accounts, maintains a log of all reconciling items and ensures all reconciling items are resolved in timely manner;
- Reviews Fixed assets capitalizations, disposals and other FA adjustments; analyses depreciation, intercompany reconciliation and reporting
- Involvement in Global IFRS16 leases project and other projects (European and Global) as directed by the Senior Director of Accounting,
- Ensures all Internal audit / External audit requirements are fully met;
- Supports Local Finance and Senior Director of Accounting on external audit queries;
- Responsible for coaching and professional development of regional accountants;
- Responsible for ad-hoc cross-regional and cross-functional projects.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in Accounting and Finance
- Experience preferably in IFRS
- Accounting certification completed (ACCA or Chartered Accountant)
- Major ERP system experience is beneficial (Oracle experience preferred)
- Previous SSC experience an advantage
- Previous Big 4 audit firm experience is an advantage
- Fluent in 2 European Languages beneficial (must include English)
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Mathematical and analytical approach
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external contacts through open and confident communication
- Strength of character and tenacious approach to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent presentation skills
- Advanced Excel
A great work life balance
25 days of vacation + public holidays + 4 sick days
Discounted gym and wellness membership.
Company contribution to a pension fund and life insurance.
Private medical care package.
Fresh fruits and refreshments in the office.
Language courses, sponsored social & sporting events, relocation assistance.
Job related continuous training and clear career progression path.
Note: Other Duties will be added as the business requires
If you think you are the right person for the job, please do not hesitate to apply using the apply button below to join our Monster team or feel free to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Description Disclaimer
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performs. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Informace o pozici
- Monster Worldwide
- Rohanské nábřeží 670/19, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services, Economics and Business Finance, Financial adviser, Financial director / manager, Finance accountant
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer