SUSE Enterprise Storage Automation Engineer
Job ID 310796
Location: Prague (remote working is also possible)
As a Software Engineer involved in testing and validation you are here to push SUSE Enterprise Storage product to their limits. Using various kinds of programming and scripting languages you would be expected to write test cases, while planning, designing, developing and maintaining automation tools, in order to identify problems early and deliver the product which performs according to our customers' expectations and conforms to the highest quality standards.
As part of an agile engineering team you will be testing cutting-edge technology, while it is being integrated into new releases of SUSE Enterprise Storage. At the same time you will be making sure that no regressions appear in newer releases.
You should be able to write code (e.g. Python, Ruby, perl, bash...) in order to control the testing infrastructure, leveraging open source configuration management solutions (Salt, Chef...). Your efforts towards the automation would be used to bolster the continuous integration and to speed up the delivery process where reasonable.
- You will install SUSE Enterprise Storage platforms either automatically or manually in virtualized and physical environments
- You will write automated release and testing automation in Python and/or Ruby
- You will improve, design, and maintain core infrastructure pieces for the production Continuous Testing systems
- You will troubleshoot issues on test platforms
- You will perform manual tests in the areas that are not covered yet or that cannot be covered by automated tests
- You will also perform exploratory testing in order to discover new test scope in areas of the product where potential issues could exist.
The following experience would be useful, but not necessary (training can be provided):
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery solutions (Jenkins, Travis CI, Bamboo...)
- Hands on experience with KVM/Xen and libvirt
- Operational experience with large scale Storage infrastructures
- Experience with troubleshooting complex issues in highly automated and distributed environments
Why work with us:
- We are a tightly-knitted global team that is passionate about Free, Libre & Open Source Software development
- We enjoy being successful as a team and consequently foster the SCRUM values, focus, courage, openness, commitment and respect
- We are flexible on working hours
- We organize regular events to build up relationships and friendship within and across teams. These range from informal meet and drink sessions to themed multi-day events in off-site locations
- We do regular hackathons and workshops on company, department and team levels
- Our work environment is fun and creative with massage room, big open community area, games room (eg. table tennis, pinball, table soccer, darts, video games), free flow soft drinks and fresh fruits
- You get opportunities for travel to conferences around the world
- You can be part of the global Open Source community!
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com
Informace o pozici
- SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
+420 284 084 032