Interested in applying your talents to solve complex challenges that will save lives? Ready for an innovative and meaningful career? Then there’s never been a better time to join the team at Edwards Lifesciences. We’re currently expanding and seeking the best and the brightest talent from around the globe. Be inspired by our credo, and share in our quest to have a lasting impact on the world.
Business Intellingence Developer (junior/senior)
The purpose of this role is to participate on development of Business Intelligence applications for global internal customers.
The major responsibility is cooperation on design and development of ETL, data integration and database elements supporting DWH, QlikView, MOLAP and other reporting applications for Edwards user community globally (over 1,000 active users) and actively participation in development of user requests during whole development cycle according to given priorities.
Also junior candidates willing to learn are more than welcome! Apply NOW!
MAIN JOB TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivery of the tasks during all the phases of BI projects including requirements gathering, design, workload estimate, development, testing, release to production and support;
- Create proof of concept solutions and actively participate in development process along with other developers;
- Provide consultation and delegation of development tasks to the team according to the given priorities;
- Investigate root cause, analyze, resolve, track, and escalate various technical problems;
- Propose and design a corrective solution to analyzed problems, according to customer requirements and feasibility options;
- Document customer requests in requirements definition document;
- Actively communicate details of customer requests via phone or electronically;
- Support features, functionality and usage of specific applications;
- Provide technical support for the users at escalation point;
- Cooperate with QlikView and BI Architects in order to align with internal methodology and best practices;
- Stay current on and adhere to established policies, procedures and documentation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Degree in Information Systems and MCTS, MCITP or recognized IT professional qualification, backed by passion for succeeding in the field of IT
- or a degree in Economics, Accounting, Logistics or Engineering combined with relevant IT experience;
- 1+ years active experience with ETL tools (ODI, Informatica);
- 1+ years active experience with SQL Databases (Oracle, MS SQL etc.);
- Experience with Business Intelligence/reporting platforms is a strong advantage;
- Ability to handle new user requests, their prioritization and distribution of tasks to team members in alignment with project management best practices;
- Development of interpersonal professional relationship with internal as well with external team members is crucial skill;
- Experience in administration of ETL and DB servers;
- Experience in international and multi-cultural environment;
- Basic knowledge of Finance, Marketing or Supply Chain processes is an advantage;
- Fluent spoken and good written English required, another International language is advantage;
- Knowledge for agile development methodology is a strong advantage;
- Strong sense of ownership, self-motivation;
- Strong problem solving skills and decision making ability;
- Ability to follow policies and procedures; attention to detail;
- Willingness to travel (US, Europe).
WHAT YOU´LL GET
- Interesting work opportunity in an international well-established company with multicultural environment;
- Possibility to gain experience in Medical devices company;
- Modern office environment in Prague center;
- System of company benefits such as wellness program (Flexi Pass or Multisport card; in-house fitness with different trainer services; Edwards Employee Event Committee – regular leisure events); flexible working hours; meal vouchers, sick leave compensation, etc.
Informace o pozici
- Edwards Lifesciences AG, organizační složka
- Karolinská 661/4, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Foreign business trips
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer