Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with field activities in 27 countries (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social services programme in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. CCR is a member of the international network of the Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a number of international and local partners.
In addition to emergency response, the organization focuses on 4 key areas: 1) health care and social services; 2) sustainable livelihoods in agriculture and small-scale entrepreneurship; 3) vocational education (youth and adults) and 4) assistance to refugees and IDPs.
CRR has 20 years of experience in managing social welfare programmes, including support to people with disabilities. The organization adheres to core humanitarian principles, including gender equality.
The CCR mission in Cambodia was established in 2016 with the aim to assist primarily through 3 main interventions: 1) fighting poverty; 2) capacity building to improve health and hygiene; and 2) supporting disabled communities. The main country office is located in Phnom Penh. CCR is currently working on its new country strategy, aiming to strengthen it’s country presence, expand the local team and partnerships, in addition to developing the mission’s programmatic portfolio
CCRC assists Cambodia in its effort to tackle poverty and social inequalities and to promote integral human development, social justice, and sustainable social systems in line with the Cambodian government’s development aspirations. In line with the new country strategy, CCRC’s effort will focus on health, education, environment and the social care sector. Throughout the projects, CCRC will mainstream crosscutting issues advancing gender equality, youth participation, disability inclusion and environmental sustainability.
I. Information about the position
Name of position: Development Manager
Expected length of employment: 12 months with possibility of extension (long-term contract preferred)
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Prague (+ occassional travels)
Start date: ASAP
Development Manager (DM) is an important part of the Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Department´s open-minded senior management team welcoming pro-active and innovative approach. He/ she is responsible for 2 key areas: 1/ strategic development of the Department + active fundraising and 2/ setting up and smooth introduction/ implementation of relevant processes. Head of Department (HoD) specifies DM´s action plan and priorities on quarterly basis and draws specific links especially between DM and regional managers. More specifically, DM is responsible to:
· Monitor grant opportunities on global level and coordinate this activity with Regional Managers
· Pro-actively search for new funding and other opportunities and suggest/ execute steps toward development of CCR missions (i.e. pro-active "selling" of finalized proposals instead of mere responsive approach (just waiting for donor´s calls for proposals))
· Initiate and significantly contribute to formulating project proposals in line with the country context and the respective Country Strategy; provide leadership in proposals´ development
· Collect updated information about respective regions (socio-economic, political and security situation in the countries, existing and emerging needs, donor´s policies) from Regional Managers (eventually HQ desks and missions) in order to have detailed overview of the global situation and trends
· Coordinate development and maintenance of productive relationships with donors, governments, partner organizations, diplomatic missions, potential donors, especially on global level and provide advice to HoMs in this field; invite HoD to participate if needed
· Contribute to successful negotiation of partnerships and strategic cooperation
· Keep abreast with donors’ strategies, priorities and trends
CCR Profile Development
· Coordinate collecting information about previous and ongoing CCR projects, identify key areas of expertise and organizational know-how in specific sectors, summarize track-record, etc. on global level
· Coordinate and summarize information from CCR missions, etc.
· Draft concise and attractive presentation materials summarizing data mentioned above especially to be used on donor´s meetings, etc.
Development, update and introduction of respective internal processes
· Initiate, coordinate and significantly contribute to creation/ development of respective manuals and other regulations
· Close cooperation with process manager on .... organizational level
· Link Department´s existing processes and internal regulations with those working within the organization as a whole
· Ensure smooth implementation of respective internal regulations within the HQ as well as the missions
· Experience in project/programme cycle management in development cooperation and humanitarian aid; proven track record of at least 4 years
· Experience in drafting, introducing and implementing processes in a similar organization operating in this sector (Staff regulations, Monitoring & Evaluation, Security, etc.)
· Experience with financial project management
· Excellent project proposal writing skills; experience with proposals submitted to a variety of national and international donors (preferably EuropeAid, ECHO, CZDA, etc.);
· Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written);
· Strong leadership and problem-solving skills;
· Authority, professional communication skills and ability to cooperate smoothly with variety of colleagues, partners, etc.
· Valid EU residence permit
· Proven experience in managing teams with various nationalities, gender, age and ethnicity;
· Experience of working in development and/or humanitarian setting in a leadership position;
· Track record of managing relations with a variety of donors;
· Technical background in small-scale business management, health care services, education or agriculture;
· Knowledge of Caritas network;
IV. What we offer
Gross yearly remuneration ranging between 450 000 CZK and 500 000 CZK, based on experience and competencies - this amount includes two bonuses (bi-annual and annual). Bonuses paid in case of positive outcomes of regular bi-annual appraisal and if there is no significant underperforming.The position is based in Prague. The package does not include compensation of costs related to the stay in Prague.
- 25 days of paid leave, in addition to official public holidays
- Mealtickets czk 100/day
- Multisport card
- 2 days of sick day/ year
- 2 days of home office/month
- Business trips
- Access to training opportunities
- Career development in a value-driven professional organization, suitable especially for dynamic professionals
- Open-minded senior management team welcoming pro-active and innovative approach
- Creative atmosphere
- Space to significantly contribute to organizational capacity building and bring wise and efficient solutions
- Caritas Czech Republic is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with disability are also encouraged to apply.
V. How to apply
The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
In accordance with Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Regulation on the protection of personal data) GDPR "); hereby declare that I agree with the processing and preservation of my personal data contained in my CV and other attachments and I agree with their use for the purposes of the selection procedure. This consent is granted to Charita Česká republika for one year from the date of sending the CV.
Informace o pozici
- Charita Česká republika
- Vladislavova 1460/12, Praha – Nové Město
- Požadované vzdělání: Vyšší odborné
- Požadované jazyky: Angličtina (Pokročilá)
- Benefity: Bonusy/prémie, Mobilní telefon, Notebook, Flexibilní začátek/konec pracovní doby, Dovolená 5 týdnů, Vzdělávací kurzy, školení, Firemní akce
- Zařazeno: Administrativa, Ekonomika a podnikové finance, Administrativní pracovník, Project Manager
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka pracovního poměru
- Délka pracovního poměru: Na dobu určitou
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva
- Zadavatel: Nezisková organizace