Commerzbank has been present in the Czech Republic with a branch in Prague since 1992. In 1998 and 2001 offices in Brno and Ostrava were opened. Decades of experience have allowed Commerzbank to gain a true insight into the Czech market, with all its particularities and rules. This in-depth knowledge, combined with our financial expertise, allows us to provide extensive services to both German companies, with presence in the Czech Republic, and international companies with activities in Germany. Furthermore we also look after local companies who do local business in the Czech Republic. We are your strategic partner for international and local business.
Specialist Valuation Control (Financial Products)
We invite you to become a member of the Valuations Department of Commerzbank in Prague. We are Commerzbank’s worldwide center of competence for Independent Price Verification and Market Conformity Control functions for several classes of financial instruments.
In your role you will be exposed to the vast spectrum of financial instruments and derivatives and various topics on their valuation. You will get a hands-on experience with valuation, trading systems and market data providers (such as Bloomberg, Reuters or consensus services) and you will experience the working environment of a well-established bank with the world-wide presence.
- Performing daily and monthly price testing and market conformity checks ensuring timely delivery of results according to regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Analysing, validating and documenting any material adjustments and communicating results with respect to the development of market parameters and exposing to a wider audience including senior management (IPV).
- Analysing, validating, documenting trades considered not in-line with market conditions and escalating identified breaches of tolerance levels to the management (MCC).
- Ensuring completeness and compliance with procedures /policies of the related day to day processes.
- Improving and streamline processes to increase efficiency and reduce risks.
- Closely interacting with your main stakeholders in Front Office, Risk, Product Control and other IPV/MCC teams and live up to our commitment for balancing controls and service
- Maintaining related workflow and process descriptions/documentations.
- University degree in economics, mathematics
- Proven Financial Control or Investment Banking experience – knowledge of Financial Products and their valuation, knowledge of market data providers and major risk and performance measurement methods
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and (especially Excel and Access) required, VBA and SQL is an advantage
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- Logical approach to issue resolution, able to break down a problem into its component parts, assess the available options to resolve and come up with a recommended solution
- Critical thinking and flexible mind-set, able to deal with deliverables and objectives changing at relatively short notice
- Courage to try and learn new things
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Position in attractive segment of investment banking
- Challenging job in a large, German based bank
- Possibility to work internationally
- Competitive salary
- Well located office in the center of Prague
- Immediate start possible
- Nice set of benefits
If interested, please attach English CV and English Cover Letter (Topic:Your motivation and experience in Valuations)
Informace o pozici
- COMMERZBANK Aktiengesellschaft, pobočka Praha
- Jugoslávská 934/1, Praha – Vinohrady
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services, Economics and Business Finance, Financial Controller, Banking specialist, Financial specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer