⋙ MS/SQL DBA engineer ⋘
- 850 MS SQL databases under 85 servers,
- 197 Oracle servers and each server hosts only one instance,
- 670 Sybase databases under 74 servers and
- 97 MySQL databases under 15 servers.
- Virtualised environment
You will be joining a DBA team + the team leader as back-up. The role of the backup person is key to the service as it guarantees the continuity of service to the client by replacing the main DBAs during leaves or when they dedicate their time to specific projects.
As Back up, you will have to support the main DBA team members in the following activities and responsibilities based on ITIL best practices:
- Participate in problem, change, release, configuration and capacity management
- Troubleshoot incidents and provide second and third level support for the database servers built on physical and VMWare virtual environments and architectures.
- Technical documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Work as required on the evolution, design, implementation, management, administration and support of the customer’s Database Management Systems along with coordination of transversal IT projects
- Coordinate major deployments in database server areas such as upgrades to new versions, yearly patching campaigns, etc...
- Carry out initiatives to follow-up and evaluate emerging technologies
- Microsoft SQL 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2016 on Windows platform
- Scripting skills (PowerShell for Microsoft SQL)
- Use of Netbackup
- Use of Computer Associate Autosys
- Monitoring of MSSQL servers via SCOM
- Understanding of the deployment of packages and patches via SCCM
- EU citizen
Nice to have:
At least one of the following additional skill is a plus as the expert may have to provide on call support or participate to the first level maintenance on the following technologies:
- Oracle 11g, 12c for Unix/Linux
- MySQL 5.X
- Scripting skills (Unix shells for Oracle/MySQL, SAP/Sybase)
- SAP/Sybase ASE 15.7 for Unix/Linux
- SAP/Sybase IQ 16 for Unix/Linux
- Competitive compensation package
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods), and fast career growth
- Interesting and challenging work within large scale projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse environment with talented colleagues
- Relocation support
Informace o pozici
- mBlue Czech, s.r.o.
- Brusel, Belgium
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Salary: 160 000 – 190 000 CZK / month
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, Database specialist, IS Support
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
- Employer type: Personální agentura