Group Continuous Improvement Director (m/f)
- Group Level position
- Possibility to work in any country with Unilabs subsidiary
About Our Client
Our client is a privately-backed medical diagnostics business that aspires to be at the heart and start of all effective treatment decisions. Headquarted in Geneva Unilabs is positioned as a leading diagnostics company with one of the broadest geographic footprints in Europe with operations in 14 countries (12 in Europe, 1 in Latin America, 1 in the Middle East) employing more over 10.500 employees and over 1000 medical doctors in 1157 collection centers, 92 imaging centers and 230 clinical laboratories.
Unilabs operates a comprehensive portfolio of diagnostic services, serving public and private healthcare providers, county councils, the general public, insurance companies, the pharmaceutical industry and Contract Research Organizations. Their comprehensive portfolio of diagnostic services includes laboratory medicine, medical imaging, histopathology, reproductive medicine and drug development services.
Historically, the company has been characterized by a strong focus on fast growth. Driving a successful M&A strategy in a highly fragmented European laboratory market by acquiring smaller and medium-sized laboratories is critical to the future strategy of Unilabs.
Currently we are searching for a Group Continuous Improvement Director (m/f) who is responsible for setting up and deploying a continuous improvement culture at Group level. The Group Continuous Improvement Director (m/f) can be located in an EU country with Unilabs subsidiary. We are looking forward to your application in English language.
- Champion the Unilabs Continuous Improvement Culture and set up and drive the Continuous Improvement Agenda at the Group level managing a team of three direct employees in CI.
- Transform and reengineer operational concepts and practices to be efficient and cost productive.
- Identify and develop Continuous Improvement Champions within our operational teams.
- Conduct Process Depth Analysis at our key locations and propose optimum laboratory layout and human resource organization to support Cost Leadership.
- Follow up on operational changes with laboratory managers.
- Set and implement KPIs at laboratory level in collaboration with the COO and the laboratory managers.
- Start to involve operating personnel in lean tools and techniques to facilitate employee engagement.
- Drive global efficiency plan through process optimization, benchmarking and sharing of best practices.
- Establish learning plan for regional management teams in business improvement principles.
- Identify capability within the organization to promote and sustain operational improvement.
- Coordinate all and - where necessary - lead operational development projects to ensure consistency in approach and methodology. (Lean, JIT, Balanced Production Flow, Milk run Logistics etc.)
- Develop On The Job training techniques and build European toolbox to be rolled out.
- Outline (in certain cases, in collaboration with the PMO Managers), the objectives and activities associated with the execution of the project(s).
- Develop detailed project plans, identifying key milestones, blocking points and resources in collaboration with regional resources.
- Follow and - where necessary - adjust project plan with team in order to ensure that any delays are reported.
- Formulate and follow action item management and issue resolution tracking within PMO reporting structure. Adhere to PMO reporting structure.
- Integrate quality assurance toolbox aimed at defining and implementing root cause analysis as part of continuous improvement network.
- Ensure that standards in all operational processes are measured and optimized.
- Provide feedback on organizational KPI, including development of recommendations.
- Drive the implementation of change in order to improve current practices.
- Support market leaders through training and development in continuous improvement methodology.
- Ensure sharing of best practice and knowledge among market leaders.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated experience in in-depth process development, customer service and quality assurance.
- Significant related professional experience in Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement preferably in complex service organizations.
- Advanced knowledge of lean principles with ample experience of its implementation.
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification.
- Master's Degree (ideally MBA).
- Minimum Years Recommended and/or Preferred: In Industry: 7-10 years / In leadership/Change Management Role: 3-5 years / In Subordinate Positions: 3-5 years.
- Excellent leadership capability.
- Outgoing, dynamic and persuasive change manager.
- Comfortable working in a flat non- hierarchical environment.
- Fluent in English, good notice of French.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive remuneration package depending on qualifications and experience.
Quote job ref: 13885
Informace o pozici
- Page Executive
- Required education: MBA, MBT, post-graduate studies
- Required languages: English (Advanced), French (Pre-intermediate)
- Listed in: Health and social care, Pharmaceutical
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employer type: Personální agentura