Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with field activities implemented worldwide (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social services programme in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. CCR is a member of the international network of the Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a number of international and local partners.
In addition to emergency response in case of natural and man-made disasters, the organization focuses on 4 key thematic areas: 1) health care and social services; 2) sustainable livelihoods and small-scale entrepreneurship; 3) vocational education (youth and adults); 4) assistance to refugees and internally displaced people.
CRR has 20-year experience in managing social welfare programmes, including support to people with disabilities. The organization adheres to core humanitarian principles, including gender equality.
Head of Mission in Georgia
I. Information about the position
Name of position: Head of Mission
Expected length of employment: 12 months with possibility of extension (long-term contract preferred)
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Tbilisi, Georgia
Start date: April 2018
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with field activities in 27 countries (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social services program in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. CCR is a member of the international network of the Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a number of international and local partners.
CRR has 20-year experience in managing social welfare programs, including support to people with disabilities.
CCR has been working in Georgia since 2008. In 2015, CCR established its country mission (consisting of the main office in Tbilisi and branch office in the Autonomous Republic of Adjara).
CCR aims to support Georgian medical and social system and to contribute to rural development in remote areas.
CCR is currently working on its new country strategy, aiming to strengthen its country presence, expand the local team and develop the mission’s programmatic portfolio.
The Head of Mission will be responsible for the CCR country program development, CCR mission management and successful implementation of CCR projects. Specific responsibilities are listed below:
Strategic development of CCR country program
- Formulate and update the CCR country strategy;
- Develop the CCR country portfolio, including but not limited to securing new funding;
- Monitor socio-economic, political and security situation in the country leading to the identification of existing and emerging needs;
- Keep abreast of donors’ strategies, develop strategic partnerships with donors and present CCR country strategy and achievements;
- Provide leadership in formulating project proposals in line with the country context and CCR country strategy.
General management and coordination
- Provide overall management of the mission in line with the CCR internal regulations;
- Ensure quality controls are in place in all CCR country projects;
- Coordinate with the country and Head Office teams to ensure the mission fulfills all in-country legal requirements;
- Participate in regular visits of field-based activities;
- Provide support to and oversight of local partnerships in line with technical and ethical regulations of CCR (including but not limited to regular meetings with partners);
- Provide regular update on the progress of the mission to both the mission team and the CCR Head Office.
Human resources management
- Provide administrative oversight of human resource management in the country team;
- Support professional development of the CCR country team;
- Ensure performance reviews are carried out by line-managers in the country team;
- Adopt and encourage a pro-active approach to addressing and resolving any HR-related issues in a transparent and positive approach;
- Plan and provide oversight of the recruitment of new mission level personnel, including permanent staff, volunteers and technical consultants.
- Regularly review the country mission cash flow and develop expenditure forecasts;
- Ensure regular monthly follow-ups are duly prepared at the project level and analyzed at the mission level leading to prompt resolution of identified challenges and problems;
- Ensure procurement policies are followed at all times as per the CCR Procurement Manual.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings and update all relevant stakeholder on the CCR mission and country program;
- Update the Embassy of the Czech Republic about current and planned activities;
- Ensure visibility of CCR country program and mission.
- Proven experience in managing teams with various nationalities, gender, age and ethnicity;
- Experience of working in development and/or humanitarian setting in a leadership position;
- Track record of managing relations with a variety of donors;
- Experience in project proposal development;
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written);
- Strong leadership, analytical/critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Technical background in agriculture, rural development or small-scale business management;
- Experience of working in the post-Soviet region;
- Knowledge of Russian language
V. What we offer
- Gross monthly remuneration of approximately EUR 2,000 or higher, based on experience and competencies (the monthly remuneration includes base salary, performance-related monthly bonus of 10% and per-diem)
- Performance-related yearly bonus amounting to one monthly salary
- 25 days of paid leave, in addition to official public holidays
- Travel health insurance
- 2 return flights per year to home country
- Housing allowance (250 EUR/month)
- Pre-deployment and on-site health, psychological and security support
- Access to training opportunities
- Career development in a value-driven professional organization, suitable especially for dynamic professionals
VI. How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications including a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline.
Informace o pozici
- Charita Česká republika
- Tbilisi, Gruzie
- Požadované vzdělání: Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Požadované jazyky: Angličtina (Výborná)
- Plat: 45 000 – 50 000 Kč / měsíc
- Benefity: Bonusy/prémie, Mobilní telefon, Nadstandardní lékařská péče, Notebook, Flexibilní začátek/konec pracovní doby, Dovolená 5 týdnů, Ubytování/příspěvek na ubytování, Vzdělávací kurzy, školení
- Zařazeno: Ekonomika a podnikové finance, Project Manager
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka pracovního poměru
- Délka pracovního poměru: Na dobu určitou
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva
- Zadavatel: Nezisková organizace